Versiegelt is ransomware type of virus that targets German users. Ransomware enters computers via infected spam email attachments and encrypts files. In very rare cases do those files get decrypted, therefore, ransomware is one of the most dangerous viruses you could get. It will scan your computer for certain files and then encrypt them. You will be then asked to pay a certain amount of money if you want your files back. Sadly, even if you pay, it’s highly unlikely the hackers will help your decrypt the files. Sometimes, ransomware researchers develop decryption tools so you should be patient and wait for that. In the meantime, you must delete Versiegelt ransomware. If you have backup, you can get your files from there but only after you remove Versiegelt from your computer.
Why is Versiegelt so dangerous?
Versiegelt ransomware can infect your computer with one click of a button. Ransomware developers attach an infected file to an email and send it to many unsuspecting users who open the email and press on the attachment. That’s all it takes. It’s not surprising that many users get infected as those emails look very official, users might believe that they come from legitimate companies or government organizations. Look for grammatical mistakes and pressure to open the file attachment. If it causes even the slightest suspicion, do not open it. Use a reliable search engine to double check the contents and the sender, and if someone else has gotten a similar email and ended up with Versiegelt, do not open it.
When Versiegelt ransomware downloads onto your computer, it will use complex AES cryptography to encrypt your files. It will add the .versiegelt file extension so you will know which files have been affected. Once that is done, you will notice a ransom note. It’s all in German that is why it is thought that Versiegelt targets German-speaking users. The ransomware developers demand that you pay them €100 for a decryption key. Even though they say that they will send you the decryption key if you pay, it’s highly unlikely. This is the sad reality of ransomware, you pay what the hackers ask and they give you nothing in return. Unfortunately, there currently is no way to decrypt the files without the key. But we strongly suggest you do not pay and wait for specialists to develop a free decryption tool. Remove Versiegelt ransomware without mercy.
In order to delete Versiegelt ransomware safely, you should use anti-malware software. Manual Versiegelt removal is possible but unless you’re completely sure of what you are doing, we don’t recommend it. Instructions on how to erase Versiegelt will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove VersiegeltUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Versiegelt. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Versiegelt and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Versiegelt using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Versiegelt from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Versiegelt
Remove Versiegelt from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Versiegelt
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Versiegelt from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Versiegelt from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.