About this threat
Videodrome Search is a browser hijacker, sometimes referred to as a redirect virus, that will change your browser’s settings. Hijackers enter computers together with free software bundles and usually, users do not notice. If those added items are not unchecked, they are authorized to install alongside the freeware.
The good thing about hijacker infections is that they are very obvious. Your browser’s homepage will be changed and you will be forced to use a dubious search engine. Hijackers are not malicious but they are irritating to deal with. They will redirect you to sponsored sites so that income from traffic could be generated. The biggest problem with that is that hijackers can lead users to malicious content and you could end up with malware. If you want to be sure you can avoid a malware infection, make sure you remove Videodrome Search.
How do hijackers spread?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software as extra offers and they are set to install alongside. In order to avoid these installations, you need to manually deselect them. To do this, access Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. They will allow you to see what has been added and will also give you the option of deselecting everything. Make sure you uncheck every single box that appears there so that no unnecessary items can get past. Refrain from using Default settings because added items are not shown there, and you will end up having to delete Videodrome Search and similar over and over again.
Why uninstall Videodrome Search?
The most obvious sign of a browser hijacker infection is the changed browser’s settings. You will suddenly see that a different from usual page will load every time you open your browser, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. You might struggle trying to remember when you allowed those changes but we can assure you, you’re not having memory issues. Hijackers can make these changes without your explicit permission and they are irreversible unless you first remove Videodrome Search from the system. The provided search engine might try to redirect you thus it’s not recommended that you engage with it. Though it will hijack all your searches made via address bar. Hijackers aim to generate traffic for sponsored sites and that’s why it will try to redirect you. More traffic means more money for site owners. You might think those redirects are only a slight annoyance but not only are they incredibly irritating but they could also endanger your computer. You could be redirected to a malicious site and end up with some kind of malware on your computer. We suggest you delete Videodrome Search.
Videodrome Search removal
If you want to make sure you uninstall Videodrome Search fully, you might want to use anti-spyware software. The program would take care of everything and you would not need to spend loads of time trying to find the hijacker. However, manual Videodrome Search removal is fully possible. You’ll just need to find it yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Videodrome SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Videodrome Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Videodrome Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Videodrome Search and related programs.
Remove Videodrome Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Videodrome Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Videodrome Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Videodrome Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Videodrome Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Videodrome Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Videodrome Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Videodrome Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Videodrome Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Videodrome Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.