What is VigLink?
VigLink is a legitimate advertising service often used by publishers to earn some money from advertising. While it is not malicious itself, adware programs might use this service to present users with tons of commercial advertisements. In most cases, these are extremely irritating advertisements that are displayed to users no matter what they do. In fact, they might be even displayed to users on legitimate websites that originally do not show any advertisements. In this case, it is a must to remove VigLink adware from the system to make those nasty advertisements gone from the screen. Luckily, it is usually quite easy to delete adware programs. In most cases, they can be erased directly from Control Panel and do not leave any components, so there is a chance that the VigLink removal will not be something extremely difficult either.
How does VigLink act?
As mentioned, VigLink is a legitimate service, but it might be abused by adware. If you see VigLink advertisements periodically and you see your browser connect to VgLink.com in the background, you must have an ad-supported application distributing this domain’s advertisements. We highly recommend that you uninstall VigLink adware from your system as soon as possible. This is the only way to stop the flow of irritating advertisements. In fact, they are not only annoying, but might also bring you problems if you do nothing and click on them all. Speaking specifically, you might eventually be taken to an untrustworthy page. We do not say that all advertisements lead to bad pages, but some ads containing links leading to questionable websites might be displayed to you too, which is one of the main reasons it is a must to uninstall VigLink adware as soon as possible. We will provide more information about the adware removal in the final paragraph.
Where does VigLink adware come from?
If you have detected VigLink adware on your computer, it means that you tend to download applications from various suspicious websites because advertising-supported applications often travel inside software bundles. You should download programs from reliable pages only starting today. We do not expect you to stop downloading software from the web completely, so we highly recommend that you install a security application on your computer too. It will not allow any suspicious programs to enter your system in case you do not realize that they cannot be trusted yourself.
How do I remove VigLink adware?
As in the case with any other program, you can delete VigLink adware from your system either manually or automatically. Since it is usually possible to remove adware programs using Control Panel, we suggest that you start the VigLink removal by checking all programs listed there. In case you cannot find its entry, it means that it does not have an uninstaller, which leaves you with only one option – to delete VigLink using an automated malware remover. There are hundreds of applications claiming to be powerful scanners, but only some of them can be trusted 100%, so be careful.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove VigLinkUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall VigLink. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like VigLink and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall VigLink and related programs.
Remove VigLink from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall VigLink from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete VigLink from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove VigLink from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for VigLink or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete VigLink from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase VigLink from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove VigLink from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall VigLink from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable VigLink and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.