About this hijacker
Vudu Search is a browser hijacker that infects computers via freeware bundles. It’s promoted as an extension that will allow you to switch between search engines with one click but it also exposes you to countless advertisements so that it could generate pay-per-click revenue.
Those adverts will appear constantly and will not only interrupt your browsing, but it will also possibly expose you to dangerous content. If you did not install it yourself, it will also change your browser’s settings without permission, which is a major sign that a program does not belong on your system. It could have gotten in via freeware bundles. It was probably hidden when you were installing some kind of free program and that is why you did not notice it. If you see it inhabiting your system, you need to delete Vudu Search.
Why remove Vudu Search?
When the hijacker installs, you might not notice it at first. It does not noticeably change your browser’s settings, like most hijackers do, but eventually you will see it. It allows you to change your default browser with a single click, and while that may seem convenient, it is not nearly worth the hassle. Especially, if you did not install it knowingly. In that case, you should definitely uninstall Vudu Search as soon as possible. It will affect all popular browsers, so expect to see it in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. It will appear in your browser extensions section and you will be able to switch between Yahoo, Bing and Google. Do not be surprised if you start encountering more ads than usual as the hijacker aims to generate pay-per-click revenue. We must warn you that hijackers do not differentiate between secure and malicious ads so you could run into something malicious. You may end up with a much more serious infection, so you are recommended to delete Vudu Search.
Hijacker infection methods
Browser hijackers are added to freeware as additional offers and if you do not want them, all you need to do is deselect them. A lot of users do not do that simply because they do not notice those offers. If they go unnoticed, they will install alongside the freeware. In order to be able to opt out of the offers, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings. They will allow you to see whether something has been attached, and to deselect everything. If you do notice something, ensure that you deselect everything. Those offers are hiding for a reason. Do not use Default settings or rush installation processes because you will end up installing everything that is added, and will eventually have to remove Vudu Search or similar.
Vudu Search removal
You should be able to uninstall Vudu Search fairly easily, and are welcome to use the provided instructions below this article. However, if you are struggling, it may be best if you obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of Vudu Search removal.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Vudu SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Vudu Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Vudu Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Vudu Search and related programs.
Remove Vudu Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Vudu Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Vudu Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Vudu Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Vudu Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Vudu Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Vudu Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Vudu Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Vudu Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Vudu Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.