What is Walasearch.com?
Walasearch.com, also known as Aqualious Search, is a browser hijacker that is promoted as a search tool that can improve your web searching efficiency. In reality, however, it does not differ much from other browser hijackers. It spreads online with the help of freeware and shareware bundles. It often gets installed without computer users’ notice. Upon arrival, it modifies your browser settings including your home page and default search engine. The hijacker also causes other alterations like adding commercial data to your visited sites, rerouting you to its sponsors, and so on. If you wish to go back to uninterrupted online surfing, you should get rid of Walasearch.com.
How does Walasearch.com work?
Walasearch.com gets set as your home page and default search provider as soon as the hijacker takes over. This page looks rather similar to Google.com and other well-known search sites. It presents you with a search box and such search parameters as Web, Images, and Videos. If you enter a query into the box, you will see original results containing lots of sponsored links. This is not the only tactic that the hijacker uses in order to promote its sponsors. It also inserts adverts into the pages that you visit and causes redirects in the middle of your surfing.
Some of the adverts that are shown to you may appear especially useful, because they are based on your browsing history. This means that the hijacker tracks your cookies and collects information about your online behavior. What you should not forget is that even the adverts that seem beneficial to you could still be fake. The hijacker does not monitor the content that it adds to your browsers. The ads could be unreliable and lead you to corrupted sites. If you do not want to encounter any virtual scams, you should stay away from adverts until you terminate Walasearch.com.
How to remove Walasearch.com?
There are two ways you can eliminate Walasearch.com from your web browsers: manually or automatically. We recommend automatic Walasearch.com removal option, because it is more efficient. If you download the anti-malware tool from our page, it will scan your system and detect all potential threats that it contains. You will then be able to erase Walasearch.com along with other issues. Moreover, the security utility will stay useful in the future as it also functions as a malware prevention tool. If, however, you decide to delete Walasearch.com manually after all, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related program and restore your browser settings. These tasks can be completed with the help of the manual removal guide presented below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Walasearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Walasearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Walasearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Walasearch.com and related programs.
Remove Walasearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Walasearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Walasearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Walasearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Walasearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Walasearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Walasearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Walasearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Walasearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Walasearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.