Web-starter.biz is a browser hijacker that can infiltrate your computer without your knowledge. Once Web-starter.biz gets on your computer via software bundle, it changes your browser’s settings and starts redirecting you to weird websites. Browser hijackers set their domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine to make redirecting you easier. So if you find that Web-starter.biz is your homepage and you don’t remember setting it, Web-starter.biz redirect virus is on your computer. It’s not a serious infection so there is no need to panic but you must remove Web-starter.biz as soon as possible. The reason you should get rid of Web-starter.biz quickly is because it can expose you to dangerous websites and you might end up with malware on your computer. It also might track your browsing sessions to collect certain information.
How did Web-starter.biz hijack my browser?
Browser hijackers infect computer via free software. Those potentially unwanted items are attached to freeware so that when you install that freeware, those items get installed as well. If you want to avoid browser hijackers and other unwanted applications, you either need to stop installing freeware or start paying attention to the installation process. All you need to do is use Advanced (Custom) settings when installing freeware and you will be able to see all added items. If you do not want them, you can prevent their installation. If you rush through the process in Default settings, however, those items will automatically install. Also, do not forget that if it managed to install onto your computer, you need to delete Web-starter.biz.
Why do I need to remove Web-starter.biz?
As mentioned previously, browser hijackers are not very dangerous infections but they should still be taken seriously. They exist to generate traffic for certain websites because traffic earns money for site owners. In order to that, browser hijackers change your browser’s settings and set their domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. When you use the search engine, you get weird results that lead you to sponsored websites. Ads are also used to generate traffic. Browser hijackers show you so many ads, not clicking on one could become a challenge. They also collect your non-personal information, such as browsing and search history. They then might sell that information to third parties. They do all that just to redirect you to certain websites. It’s also worth noting that those websites are not always safe and you might end up with malware. Uninstall Web-starter.biz and you can go back to your normal browsing.
In order to delete Web-starter.biz, we suggest you use anti-malware software. If you wish to uninstall Web-starter.biz manually, you will need to erase Web-starter.biz related applications. Web-starter.biz removal instructions will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Web-starter.bizUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Web-starter.biz. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Web-starter.biz and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Web-starter.biz and related programs.
Remove Web-starter.biz from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Web-starter.biz from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Web-starter.biz from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Web-starter.biz from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Web-starter.biz or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Web-starter.biz from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Web-starter.biz from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Web-starter.biz from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Web-starter.biz from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Web-starter.biz and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.