What is Websearch.ask.com?
Websearch.ask.com is a legitimate search website that can provide you with Internet search results. However, it may get set as your home page and default search provider without your notice. This usually happens after you install Ask Toolbar or one of the Mindspark Interactive Network toolbars. It is likely that you have agreed to these changes yourself, even if you do not remember doing so. When you install freeware, you are often presented with additional offers. These offers are easy to miss and if you do, you agree to them automatically. In case that is what happened and you never want to change your browser settings, you should eliminate Websearch.ask.com from your browsers.
How does Websearch.ask.com work?
Websearch.ask.com may appear as your new home page, new tab, and default search engine in all of your browsers. This site contains a search box and quick access links to such popular pages as Gmail, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Wikipedia, and others. If you enter a query into the search box, you will get rerouted to search.ask.com. These results will be relevant, however, they will also include quite a few sponsored links. This may not be the best way to search the Web. If you want to continue using your preferred search tools, you will have to delete Websearch.ask.com.
As it has already been mentioned, the browser settings modifications happened after you installed Ask Toolbar or another potentially unwanted application. You may have installed the toolbar yourself or it may have been offered to you during the setup of some other freeware. The toolbar may be presented as an optional offer and if you do not notice and un-check the “Install the Ask Toolbar and make Ask my default search provider” or a similar box, you agree to the modifications unwittingly. Make sure that the next time you install free software, you choose the Advanced installation mode, pay attention to every step of the wizard, and decline all additional offers presented to you.
How to remove Websearch.ask.com?
If you want to erase Websearch.ask.com from your browsers, you will have to uninstall its related program first. Once you do that, you will be able to restore your web browser settings. Luckily, you can complete these tasks yourself. The instructions presented below the article can help you terminate Websearch.ask.com and its related program manually. If, on the other hand, you decide to remove Websearch.ask.com automatically, you can make use of the anti-malware utility presented on our page. It will perform a system scan and detect all potential issues. It will then delete Websearch.ask.com and other threats completely. The malware remover will also protect your computer from other online infections you may encounter in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove websearch.ask.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall websearch.ask.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like websearch.ask.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall websearch.ask.com and related programs.
Remove websearch.ask.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall websearch.ask.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete websearch.ask.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove websearch.ask.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for websearch.ask.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete websearch.ask.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase websearch.ask.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove websearch.ask.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall websearch.ask.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable websearch.ask.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.