Websearch.searchtheglobe.info Removal Tips (Uninstall Websearch.searchtheglobe.info)
Websearch.searchtheglobe.info is a browser hijacker that belongs to the Websearch group. It affects all well-known browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. It gets distributed in free software bundles.
The hijacker arrives with potentially unwanted and ad-supported applications. It has been in particularly linked to Justplugit adware. It may also enter your PC with EZDownloader, YoutubeAdBlocker, Optimizer Pro, and other unreliable apps. In order to eliminate Websearch.searchtheglobe.info from your browsers, you will also have to uninstall the programs with which it got installed onto your computer.
The main symptom of the hijacker is the browser settings modifications that it causes. More specifically, it replaces your home page, new tab, and default search provider with Websearch.searchtheglobe.info. This site cannot be trusted. It hosts two fake ads that you should not click on no matter what they promote. The ads could lead you to corrupted pages containing virtual scams. The site also presents you with a search box, which redirects your search queries to Search.smartshopping.com. It is clear that you will not be able to search the Web efficiently with this so-called search tool. If you want to restore your browser preferences, you will have to delete Websearch.searchtheglobe.info.
Other unwanted symptoms that you will have to deal with as long as the hijacker stays in your browsers are random redirects and never-ending advertisements that will slow down your browsing speed. The pop-ups, banners, and other ads that you will see online may be unsafe. You should not click on them, even if they appear on sites that are not related to the hijacker in any way. We urge you to be careful with all commercial data until you terminate Websearch.searchtheglobe.info.
How to remove Websearch.searchtheglobe.info?
Fortunately, it is not that difficult to remove Websearch.searchtheglobe.info. It can be eliminated from your browsers manually or automatically. If you choose to delete Websearch.searchtheglobe.info manually, you will have to uninstall its related program (possibly more than one) and reset your web browsers. These tasks are described in the manual Websearch.searchtheglobe.info removal guide below the article. You are welcome to use it for your convenience. Alternatively, you can go with automatic removal option. It requires you to implement an anti-malware tool. You can download the utility from our page and scan your system with it. It will detect all potential threats and delete the hijacker along with them. It will also provide your system with security in the future as its features include real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Websearch.searchtheglobe.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Websearch.searchtheglobe.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Websearch.searchtheglobe.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Websearch.searchtheglobe.info and related programs.
Remove Websearch.searchtheglobe.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Websearch.searchtheglobe.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Websearch.searchtheglobe.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Websearch.searchtheglobe.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Websearch.searchtheglobe.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Websearch.searchtheglobe.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Websearch.searchtheglobe.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Websearch.searchtheglobe.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Websearch.searchtheglobe.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Websearch.searchtheglobe.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.