Webstart-page.com is considered to be a browser hijacker that pretends to be a useful browser extension. It offers you quick access to social media and shopping websites, has an Internet speed tester and gives users access to various wallpapers. It does seem rather useful to some users but the fact that it invades your computer without your knowledge is rather concerning. It can do that by sneaking past you when you install freeware in Default settings. It might also change your browser’s settings without your permission and you would not be able to change the settings back without Webstart-page.com removal. Browser hijackers are also called redirect viruses because of their annoying feature of redirecting users to weird websites. Those websites might be dangerous so we suggest you don’t wait any longer and uninstall Webstart-page.com .
How did Webstart-page.com invade my computer
If Webstart-page.com ended up on your computer, you must have installed freeware in Default settings. A lot of browser hijacker, adware and potentially unwanted application (PUP) developers attach their items to freeware and when users install the freeware, they install those items as well. If you want to avoid unwanted programs being installed onto your computer, make sure you use Advanced settings when installing something. Those settings allow you to see what additional items are being installed along with the freeware. If you do not want them, you can uncheck them and proceed with the installation process. If you use Default settings, you will miss those kinds of items and they will automatically install. If it managed to slither into your computer, remove Webstart-page.com .
Why is Webstart-page.com harmful to my computer
Browser hijackers have this habit of changing your browser’s settings. Webstart-page.com might change your homepage, new tabs and search engine to its domain and you will not be able to change these settings back without Webstart-page.com removal. If you use Webstart-page.com search engine, you might notice that you are given weird results leading to sponsored websites. This is very common browser hijacker behavior and it does that in order to redirect you to certain websites. It generates traffic that way. More traffic means more money. You might also notice that you are being exposed to a lot of ads, and clicking on an ad might lead to another weird website. The websites you are being redirected to are not always safe and you might end up with serious malware roaming around your computer. Do not risk it and uninstall Webstart-page.com as soon as possible.
How to delete Webstart-page.com
If you want to remove Webstart-page.com , you can do it either manually or automatically. Automatic removal using anti-malware software is a much easier way to delete Webstart-page.com . Nevertheless, if you wish to erase Webstart-page.com manually, we will provide instructions below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Webstart-page.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Webstart-page.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Webstart-page.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Webstart-page.com and related programs.
Remove Webstart-page.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Webstart-page.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Webstart-page.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Webstart-page.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Webstart-page.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Webstart-page.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Webstart-page.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Webstart-page.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Webstart-page.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Webstart-page.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.