Webstarts.biz is yet another browser hijacker. If you recently installed freeware, you might have missed Webstarts.biz installing as well, and that’s why it’s on your computer. It’s not malicious by itself, rather it might expose you to danger if you let it stay on your computer. What it will do is alter your browser’s settings so that it can redirect you to certain webpages.
That’s why browser hijackers are known as redirect viruses. Webstarts.biz might set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It will then start redirecting you to those certain websites. Those redirects are not only annoying but they could also be dangerous. You could be redirected to dangerous domain and end up with malware. Delete Webstarts.biz before that happens and you will be able to get back to normal browsing.
How does Webstarts.biz spread?
Items like browser hijackers spread via software bundles. They are attached to freeware, which means that when you install that freeware, you install the browser hijacker as well. If you use Advanced (Custom) settings, you can clearly see what is added to freeware and if you don’t want added items, you can choose to not install them. Unfortunately, Default settings do not give you that option and those items install automatically along with the freeware. You need to be attentive during the installation process so you don’t end up installing something you don’t want, like Webstarts.biz. If it did install on your computer, you need to remove Webstarts.biz.
Why uninstall Webstarts.biz?
If Webstarts.biz installs onto your computer, you might notice that your homepage, new tabs and search engine are changed to Webstarts.biz. If you use the search engine, you could be getting results full of sponsored content. Besides not being able to find what you are looking for, you could be redirected to dangerous websites. Browser hijackers do not take responsibility for what websites they redirect you to, so the search results might be full of dangerous websites. It could show you loads of ads too. By clicking on an ad, you might get redirected to those dangerous websites as well. As you can see, Webstarts.biz is not useful to you and will only disturb your browsing. Therefore, we think you should remove Webstarts.biz.
Manual Webstarts.biz removal could be tricky because you need to get rid of all programs associated with Webstarts.biz. If you do not feel confident you can delete Webstarts.biz by hand, we suggest you use anti-malware software to help you uninstall Webstarts.biz.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Webstarts.bizUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Webstarts.biz. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Webstarts.biz and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Webstarts.biz and related programs.
Remove Webstarts.biz from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Webstarts.biz from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Webstarts.biz from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Webstarts.biz from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Webstarts.biz or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Webstarts.biz from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Webstarts.biz from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Webstarts.biz from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Webstarts.biz from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Webstarts.biz and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.