About WhiteSmoke Companion
WhiteSmoke Companion could be considered to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a browser hijacker. It is advertised as a tool that offers proofreading, translation, templates and plagiarisms check services. It also promotes a dubious search engine. You can obtain this PUP from the Google Chrome store or it could have possibly entered your computer without your explicit permission.
In the case of the latter, it may have been attached to free software that you installed. If you did not deselect all additional offers that came with the freeware, you essentially allowed all those offers to install, WhiteSmoke Companion among them. It is not malicious, PUPs rarely are, but they can be rather annoying. The provided search engine will redirect you to all kinds of unfamiliar sites, or you could end up on a dangerous one. You should really consider WhiteSmoke Companion removal if you want to protect your computer.
How does WhiteSmoke Companion install?
While you could have gotten it yourself, the more likely scenario is you installing freeware and not noticing added items. When you install free programs, it is essential that you use Advanced or Custom settings because only there will be you be able to deselect all extra offers that have been added. All you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes. This is much easier to do than it would be to delete WhiteSmoke Companion or similar so do not use Default settings and rush through the installation process.
Why remove WhiteSmoke Companion?
It will take over your browser the moment it installs. Your browser’s settings will be changed and search.mysearch.com will be set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. The changes are performed without your permission and cannot be undone unless you first uninstall WhiteSmoke Companion. On your new homepage, you will a search engine, links to sites like Amazon, eBay, Facebook, reddit and YouTube. It will also have the before mentioned tools. Using the search engine is not recommended because it may insert sponsored content into the results. By directing traffic to those sponsored sites, the hijacker generates income. You could end up on all kinds of unrelated sites. Worst case scenario, you could even end up dangerous sites where malware is lurking. If you want to be sure you will avoid a possible malware infection, delete WhiteSmoke Companion.
WhiteSmoke Companion removal
There are two ways to remove WhiteSmoke Companion, manually and automatically. You should choose the method that feels the most comfortable to you. To manually erase WhiteSmoke Companion means you will have to find the PUP yourself. To save your time and nerves, we suggest you obtain professional removal software to uninstall WhiteSmoke Companion.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove WhiteSmoke CompanionUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall WhiteSmoke Companion. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like WhiteSmoke Companion and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall WhiteSmoke Companion and related programs.
Remove WhiteSmoke Companion from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall WhiteSmoke Companion from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete WhiteSmoke Companion from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove WhiteSmoke Companion from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for WhiteSmoke Companion or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete WhiteSmoke Companion from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase WhiteSmoke Companion from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove WhiteSmoke Companion from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall WhiteSmoke Companion from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable WhiteSmoke Companion and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.