What is WinAD?
WinAD is categorized as an advertising-supported program, which means that its task is to present you with commercial content. The developers of such apps generate revenue through advertising, therefore they may promote the application in a way that makes it seem more useful than it actually is. In reality, the adware adds little to no value and, instead, causes unwelcome modifications to your browsers. There is no need to hesitate when it comes to WinAD removal as there is no other way to eliminate its ads and reset the unwanted changes that it makes.
How does WinAD work?
The distribution method that adware often uses is called bundling. It attaches itself to software that you download from third-party sites for free. This freeware comes in a bundle with potentially unwanted and ad-supported programs. In most cases, users allow these programs to get installed unwittingly. This usually happens because they do not pay attention to the installation wizard, which is a mistake. If you do not wish to deal with similar apps in the future, you should always make sure that you decline all additional offers presented to you during the installation of freeware and shareware.
The main symptom of any adware is, of course, the ads. They appear on your screen no matter which websites you open or which browser you use. They also appear in different forms: pop-ups, links, audios, videos, banners, coupons, and more. Some of them may be customized according to your online searches and other activities, because the adware tracks your cookies. Keep in mind that advertisements are not verified by anyone, so you could encounter fake ones. We urge you to avoid all ads for the time being as clicking on bogus links could result in serious issues like malware infection or money loss. To remove them completely, you will have to terminate WinAD.
How to remove WinAD?
You can choose from two options to erase WinAD: manually or automatically. Manual WinAD removal instructions are provided on our page. If you follow them carefully, you should have no trouble uninstalling the unwanted program (and restoring your browser settings, in case that is necessary). The more reliable solution, however, is to delete WinAD automatically. If you download the anti-malware from our site, you will be able to use it to scan and clean your PC from all unnecessary and unreliable apps. In addition to WinAD removal, you will also be ensuring your computer’s security moving forward as the malware remover comes with real-time online protection and other valuable features.
Download Removal Toolto remove WinADUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall WinAD. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like WinAD and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall WinAD and related programs.
Remove WinAD from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall WinAD from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete WinAD from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove WinAD from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for WinAD or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete WinAD from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase WinAD from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove WinAD from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall WinAD from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable WinAD and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.