Wind Browser Removal Guide (Uninstall Wind Browser)
Wind Browser is a potentially unwanted application that is published by DevUnion, Inc. The program has an official page, windbrowser.com, which is presented in Russian. The website states that Wind Browser can improve your online surfing experience by allowing you to choose from several browser backgrounds, eliminating unnecessary ads from your visited pages, protecting you from online threats, and more.
The software can be downloaded from its official page, however, you should know that it is not as useful as it claims to be. If you have this app on your computer, we suggest that you delete Wind Browser without hesitation.
How does Wind Browser work?
Wind Browser is based on the Chromium engine, therefore, it is somewhat similar to Google Chrome. Like other browsers based on this engine including BoBrowser, Unico Browser, Tesla Browser, and more, it is classified as a potentially unwanted program. It does not follow through on all of its promises. The program comes with a pre-installed extension that is hidden from the Extensions list. This is clearly not a good sign. The ID of the extension is “nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda” and it can be found in the C:Users[User name]AppDataLocalWindUser Datadefault folder. This folder also contains another extension called Sovetnik Tesla, which is used for tracking your cookies and presenting you with various commercials. The add-on is supposed to show you the best prices when you shop online, but the truth is, it will simply flood you with pop-ups, banners, and other ads. If you want to get rid of these advertisements, you should eliminate Wind Browser from your computer and go back to using a reputable web browser.
Although the application has an official site, it also gets distributed in freeware bundles. You should keep in mind that almost all free programs come with additional offers. You need to pay attention to their installation wizards, if you want to avoid the unnecessary apps. Make sure that you always choose Advanced installation mode and decline all additional offers presented to you.
How to remove Wind Browser?
There is no question that you should delete Wind Browser. Instead of blocking unwanted adverts, the browser actually adds its own commercials into your visited sites. You can terminate Wind Browser manually or automatically. We suggest that you go with automatic Wind Browser removal, especially if you did not download it from its official page yourself. If you implement a malware removal tool, you will be able to delete not only the unwanted browser, but also other potentially harmful applications. Moreover, the security utility is also capable of safeguarding your computer from other Internet-based infections you may catch online. Alternative solution is to remove Wind Browser manually. You can do that by following the instructions presented below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Wind BrowserUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Wind Browser. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Wind Browser and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Wind Browser and related programs.
Remove Wind Browser from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Wind Browser from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Wind Browser from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Wind Browser from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Wind Browser or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Wind Browser from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Wind Browser from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Wind Browser from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Wind Browser from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Wind Browser and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.