What is Winsere.exe?
Winsere.exe is an executable file that is digitally signed by Hongkong zoekyu Technology Limited. It is usually located in the C:Program fileswinserewinsere folder. The file belongs to an ad-supported application. It has been detected under different names such as Adware.W32.OutBrowse, Generic.E5D, Adware.Win32.ELEX.HD, not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.ELEX.if, and some others. The main goal of any advertising-supported application is to boost online traffic and thus generate revenue for its creators. That is why you will be flooded with commercial data no matter where you go online. We advise that you terminate Winsere.exe along with its related program.
How does Winsere.exe adware work?
The program to which Winsere.exe belongs spreads online with the help of free third-party software. This software does not travel alone. It comes bundled with potentially unwanted apps that are shown to you in the installation wizard as an additional offer. You can decline this offer, however, most computer skip through the wizard and do not notice the optional offers at all, and thus agree to them unwittingly. If you want to make sure that you do not do that again, you should always install freeware in the Advanced mode and deselect all applications that are unfamiliar to you.
Once in the system, the adware starts inserting adverts into all of the pages that you open. Some of these ads may be based on your browsing history as the software is known to track your cookies and record your browsing habits. You may also get redirected to unknown domains in the middle of your online sessions. It is important that you keep in mind that there is nothing beneficial about the advertising content. It not only slows down your browsing, but it also lowers your cyber security level by exposing you to unreliable data. We suggest that you stay away from all adverts until you get rid of Winsere.exe related software.
How to remove Winsere.exe?
You can delete Winsere.exe by uninstalling the program to which it belongs. This can be done manually or automatically. We advise that you go with automatic Winsere.exe removal option, because it will allow you to not only erase Winsere.exe, but also remove other unwanted files and apps from your system. More than that, if you download and implement the security tool from our site, it will also provide you with real-time online protection, which means that it will stay useful in the future. Alternatively, you can follow the instructions presented below this article and eliminate Winsere.exe manually. In case you have other potentially unwanted programs on your PC, make sure that you delete them as well.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Winsere.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Winsere.exe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Winsere.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Winsere.exe and related programs.
Remove Winsere.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Winsere.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Winsere.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Winsere.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Winsere.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Winsere.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Winsere.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Winsere.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Winsere.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Winsere.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.