WinSnare is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that has infiltrated your computer along with free software. According to specialists, this PUP collects data about you and then transfers it to a remote server. You might not even know you have this PUP on your system as there are no obvious signs of an infection. If you run a system scan with a reliable anti-malware program and this PUP is detected, remove WinSnare as soon as possible. The worrying thing is that you yourself installed this program onto your computer, and that means you need to develop new installation habits as soon as possible. Also, keep in mind that this unwanted program has nothing to do with Snare, the legitimate program developed by InterSect Alliance International Pty Ltd. And do not forget that you need to uninstall WinSnare immediately.
How did WinSnare get on my computer?
PUPs install onto your computer along with free software. Since no one would willingly install these kinds of program, developers attach them to freeware. The bundled items will install automatically, unless you deselect them during the freeware installation process. Choose Advanced (Custom) settings and you will be able to deselect everything that has been added. You can then safely proceed to install the freeware. The reason why you need to delete WinSnare now is because you selected Default settings. In Default mode, you will not be allowed to deselect anything, so we do not suggest picking those settings.
Why must I uninstall WinSnare?
Theoretically, WinSnare can overlook your computer’s performance, upload Windows event logs and even permit someone to remotely connect to your computer. Currently, while it can do that, it does not carry out any of those actions. However, that might change at any time. WinSnare could possible put your private information as well as your computer in danger. If it does enable the remote connection feature, questionable people would have access to your computer and could possibly infect your system with serious malware. Some PUP pretend to be useful and offer some features that might seem beneficial to many users, which is why many of them allow PUPs to stay. However, WinSnare does not provide anything of value and will only put your computer in danger. Whether you need to remove WinSnare or not should not even be a question. Delete WinSnare immediately.
It might be difficult to locate this PUP on your system, so manual WinSnare removal might be very time-consuming. Instead, we recommend you obtain a reliable removal program and allow it to erase WinSnare for you. It is important that you eliminate WinSnare and all related programs fully so that WinSnare cannot reappear again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove WinSnareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall WinSnare. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like WinSnare and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall WinSnare and related programs.
Remove WinSnare from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall WinSnare from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete WinSnare from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove WinSnare from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for WinSnare or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete WinSnare from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase WinSnare from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove WinSnare from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall WinSnare from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable WinSnare and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.