What is Wizesearch.com?
Wizesearch.com is a website that is set as your home page and default search provider after FunSecurity Tab gets installed onto your PC. The FunSecurity Tab extension belongs to Imali Media that is responsible for a variety of similar apps. Although the extension may seem somewhat useful at first, you will soon realize that it has quite a few drawbacks. The main purpose of the application is to make profit for Imali by exposing you to various advertisements. It will flood your browsers with ads and cause redirects to unfamiliar sites. You should not tolerate that. We advise that you terminate Wizesearch.com without further delay.
How does Wizesearch.com work?
FunSecurity Tab can be classified as a potentially unwanted application, because it travels online in free software bundles. The extension is presented to you as an additional offer. Although it is possible to decline this offers, oftentimes users simply do not notice it and thus agree to it unwittingly. That is why it is so important to pay attention to the freeware you install. If you choose the Advanced or Custom installation mode, you will be able to decline all optional offers presented to you, thus preventing the unnecessary programs from entering your PC.
The Wizesearch.com website replaces your new tab, home page, and default search provider. It contains a toolbar, which has a search box and such buttons as Repair Computer Errors, Internet Speed Test, Update Drivers, Security Tools, and others. It also presents you with a search box (at the center of the page) and links to Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, etc. You should know that if you make use of the so-called search engine, you will get rerouted to Search.safefinder.com. This is not a reliable page. It is labeled by security programs as having uncertain reputation or potentially unwanted content. It is clear that you cannot trust a website that leads you to unsafe sites. Therefore, we recommend that you get rid of Wizesearch.com without hesitation.
How to remove Wizesearch.com?
In order to erase Wizesearch.com from your browsers, you will have to uninstall FunSecurity Tab. You can complete both of these tasks manually or automatically. Automatic Wizesearch.com removal is much more reliable, because it allows you to clean your PC completely. If you use the anti-malware from our site, it will scan your computer, detect all issues, and eliminate Wizesearch.com along with them. It will also protect your system from future online threats. If, however, you decide to terminate Wizesearch.com manually after all, you should follow the instructions prepared in the manual removal guide below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Wizesearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Wizesearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Wizesearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Wizesearch.com and related programs.
Remove Wizesearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Wizesearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Wizesearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Wizesearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Wizesearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Wizesearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Wizesearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Wizesearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Wizesearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Wizesearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.