Word Wizard Ads Removal Tips (Uninstall Word Wizard Ads)
Word Wizard is an application that all the security experts classify as a PUP (potentially unwanted program). This program is definitely going to make your online experience worse than ever, so why should you keep it? The application is described as something really unique and innovative by its creators, and this leads us to the conclusion that some users do not remove Word Wizard Ads as soon as they see it on their computers. If you just open the main program’s page and read the description, you might want to download it too.
It is presented as an application that will make it really easy to search for and translate information that is found online. the user has to simply highlight the text of his/her choice and the program will show the Wikipedia or Bing results on a separate window. Sounds rather convenient, doesn’t it? Actually, everything is not so pretty as it is given in the description. The PUP is put into the category of adware and this indicates that tons of problems can emerge from using it.
Why is Word Wizard Ads dangerous?
The main problems related to this adware is, of course, the advertisements. You have to be prepared to face lots of them if you are determined to use the PUP (we don’t advise you to do it, though). The application has one technology that allows it to display its content on any page you visit, and that is called a “virtual layer”. This means that all the original ads will be replaced by the programs’ advertisements. Unfortunately, the PUP does not filter the ads. In other words, there can be some seriously dangerous pop-ups, banners, or coupons placed for you out there. Infections are often spread in this way, and many owners of PUPs complain about recurring malware attacks. However, if you take your time and delete Word Wizard Ads, this problem will surely disappear. There is one more threat associated with the program: the lack of safety regarding your personal and non-personal information. All PUPs can collect such data, and Word Wizard Ads is no exception. This information might be sold to people who can use it in wrong ways – cyber criminals.
How did my PC get attacked by Word Wizard Ads?
Do you know how the potentially unwanted program managed to usurp your system? Most probably, it has tagged along with some free software you downloaded from file sharing pages (this method is called bundling). If you are ready to take care of your safety more seriously, delete Word Wizard Ads and never forget to pick the Custom or Advanced type of installation.
How to remove Word Wizard Ads from my computer?
For the best results regarding Word Wizard Ads removal, download a really good anti-spyware and anti-malware program and let it do everything for you! It is very easy to simply scan your system with the security tool and let it terminate Word Wizard adware.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Word Wizard AdsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Word Wizard Ads. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Word Wizard Ads and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Word Wizard Ads and related programs.
Remove Word Wizard Ads from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Word Wizard Ads from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Word Wizard Ads from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Word Wizard Ads from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Word Wizard Ads or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Word Wizard Ads from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Word Wizard Ads from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Word Wizard Ads from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Word Wizard Ads from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Word Wizard Ads and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.