Word Highlighter Removal Tips (Delete WordHighlighter)
Word Highlighter (or WordHighlighter) is an advertising-supported application that can insert various commercials into your browsers. It may underline random words and turn them into hyperlinks, redirect you to its sponsor sites, and so on.
The tool may be promoted as a beneficial program that can help you search for or translate the words that you highlight in any text, however, in reality, it is only aimed at web traffic generation. By boosting online traffic, the creators of the adware make profit. If you want to eliminate the unnecessary commercials from your browsers, you will have to terminate WordHighlighter.
Word Highlighter functions in the same manner as other ad-supported programs. It generates various commercials, which appear in the form of pop-ups, hyperlinks, coupons, banners, pop-unders, and other types of adverts in your browsers. The application is compatible with all web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and others, so switching to a different one will not help you get rid of Word Highlighter Ads. What you should keep in mind is that the online content presented to you by the application is not all safe. The program does not endorse the data that it shows you, which means that it holds no responsibility for it.
The ads that you see online could be fake. Clicking on fake advertisements could result in serious problems. You may infect your computer with potentially unwanted or even malicious applications, if you agree to downloading updates or software from unknown domains. You may also disclose your personal details to untrustworthy sources, if you participate in a bogus lottery or survey. There are plenty of other virtual scams that you may get exposed to, if you leave the unreliable software installed on your PC. That is why we advise that you delete Word Highlighter from your computer as soon as you can.
How to remove Word Highlighter?
There is no question that you should uninstall Word Highlighter from your computer, because it lowers your online security level and slows down your browsing speed. You can do that manually or automatically. If you choose manual Word Highlighter Ads removal, you will have delete the adware via Control Panel. Instructions below can help you with the manual removal process. If, however, you decide to eliminate WordHighlighter automatically, you will have to download and implement an anti-malware utility. The malware removal and prevention tool will scan your system and detect all potentially unwanted files and programs. You will be able to remove WordHighlighter along with other threats. The security software will also help you make sure that your PC stays clean and safeguarded from similar and more complex online parasites in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove WordHighlighterUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall WordHighlighter. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like WordHighlighter and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall WordHighlighter and related programs.
Remove WordHighlighter from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall WordHighlighter from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete WordHighlighter from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove WordHighlighter from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for WordHighlighter or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete WordHighlighter from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase WordHighlighter from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove WordHighlighter from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall WordHighlighter from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable WordHighlighter and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.