Workno.ru Removal Guide
Workno.ru is a browser hijacker (redirect malware) that invades computers without users’ awareness and then sets itself on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. According to researchers, this browser hijacker enters systems without permission because it travels bundled with free software.
If you have noticed it set on your browsers too, you should immediately remove Workno.ru from the system and then set a more trustworthy search engine instead. If you do not know where to start, you should read this article from beginning to end and only then try to delete Workno.ru yourself. We are sure that it will be clearer for you how to implement the Workno.ru removal after reading this article.
How does Workno.ru work?
Workno.ru is a search engine that will set itself as your homepage and search engine. You will experience endless redirections to this questionable search engine if you do not eliminate it from your system quickly. This is quite dangerous to use Workno.ru because it is not a reliable search engine even though it looks harmless. It has been found that it might present search results that can redirect to websites containing malicious software. In other words, it will present you with advertisements that will contain links leading to third-party websites. This is the main reason why you should delete Workno.ru from your system; however, it is not the only one. According to studies, this browser hijacker might gather information about users day after day too. Your personal information might be violated too because it is known that this threat is interested in personal details either. You cannot do anything about that just to uninstall Workno.ru completely and then change the settings of browsers (homepage and search engine).
How is Workno.ru distributed?
As Workno.ru does not have an official website and it is impossible to download it willingly from the web, we are sure that this search engine enters systems without permission. Most probably, it comes together with freeware and shareware, so the majority of users do not notice how it enters. If you have recently downloaded and installed a free program too, this explains why you see Workno.ru every time you open your browser. If you are careless in the future, you might encounter another browser hijacker again. Of course, you can ensure the system’s safety by installing security software, so we suggest doing that immediately after you remove Workno.ru from the system.
How can I get rid of Workno.ru?
It will be rather complicated to implement the Workno.ru removal because it is not an ordinary application. First of all, we suggest that you try to reset your browsers one by one. If this does not help and you still see Workno.ru set as your homepage and search engine, you should scan your computer with a trustworthy antimalware tool. You probably do not have one installed because Workno.ru browser hijacker has managed to sneak onto the computer. Keep in mind that tools you find on torrents and similar websites are not trustworthy at all.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Workno.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Workno.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Workno.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Workno.ru and related programs.
Remove Workno.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Workno.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Workno.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Workno.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Workno.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Workno.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Workno.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Workno.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Workno.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Workno.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.