Is this a serious infection?
WorldofNotes is a toolbar, also considered to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP), that was developed by a known PUP developer Mindspark Interactive Network. It is also sometimes referred to as a browser hijacker. As the name suggests, the toolbar allows users to create notes and lists. What it also does is change browser’s settings so that you are forced to use the PUPs’ promoted search engine.
These kinds of programs aim to generate income by exposing users to sponsored content so expect to get redirected all the time. It usually happens via the search engine that will be set as your default one, so you should avoid using it. In addition, some hijackers are able to expose users to malicious content and that could lead to a serious infection. So in order to not to endanger your computer, ensure that you delete WorldofNotes Toolbar.
How did this PUP end up on my computer?
It is available for download from the official website but some users find it installed and have no recollection of doing it. If that was the case with you, it’s possible that you installed a program that had it attached to it. These kinds of installations are not rare, and a lot of freeware comes with added offers. You can deselect them, and it’s not difficult to do so. Choose Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware, and you will be able to see if something has been added. If there is, all you need to do is deselect it/them. If you usually use Default settings, that may be why you have the PUP installed, as they do not show anything being attached. Whichever way you installed it, you should remove WorldofNotes Toolbar.
Why uninstall WorldofNotes Toolbar?
You might download the program thinking it’s useful but you should be aware that it’s not all it claims to be. It will change your browser’s settings and if you did not install it willingly, it will do so without your explicit permission. All you browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will have a different homepage and new tabs. Furthermore, you will have a different default search engine. You will not be able to change the browser’s settings until you delete WorldofNotes Toolbar so there is no use in trying. Engaging with the search engine is also not recommended because you will be exposed to sponsored content. This PUP aims to generate traffic for certain websites because more visitors means more revenue from advertisements. It should also be mentioned that certain hijackers are able to lead users to malware-ridden websites, where they could encounter a serious infection. If you want to go back to regular browsing, it would be best if you remove WorldofNotes Toolbar.
WorldofNotes Toolbar removal
It should not be difficult to uninstall WorldofNotes Toolbar, both manually and automatically. Automatic WorldofNotes Toolbar removal might take less time as your anti-spyware software would do everything for you, and if you go with the manual way, you will need to find the threat yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove WorldofNotes ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall WorldofNotes Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like WorldofNotes Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall WorldofNotes Toolbar and related programs.
Remove WorldofNotes Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall WorldofNotes Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete WorldofNotes Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove WorldofNotes Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for WorldofNotes Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete WorldofNotes Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase WorldofNotes Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove WorldofNotes Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall WorldofNotes Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable WorldofNotes Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.