WOW.com Removal Instructions (Uninstall WOW.com)
WOW.com, also known as WOW Search, is a browser hijacker that enters your computer with potentially unwanted programs and modifies your browser settings without your permission. The hijacker has been linked to such unwanted programs as Tab Plus, EZ YouTube Downloader and EZ Dropbox. It is very likely that you have one or more of them in your system.
As for the hijacker itself, it is not that difficult to notice its main symptom, which is the modification of your browser settings. The hijacker causes other disturbances as well and is not beneficial in any way. That is why we suggest that you delete WOW.com along with its related program(s).
How does WOW.com work?
Once the hijacker takes over, it changes your home page and default search engine to WOW.com. This page contains a search box and quick links to such popular websites as Facebook, Twitter, eBay, LinkedIn, Amazon, and others. You can also choose from several backgrounds, if you click on the arrows at the bottom of the page. If you enter a query into the search box, you will be presented with results powered by Bing. Needless to say, you can use Bing Search without having to go through the hijacker first.
Although WOW.com may seem like a decent home page and search tool, it is not without flaws. The hijacker will flood you with commercial data that will appear no matter where you go online. You should keep in mind that not all of the adverts that it shows you can be trusted. Some of the advertisements will be fake and clicking on them could result in serious consequences. You should not risk your PC’s safety in such a way. Moreover, the hijacker will also slow down your Internet connection and computer speed. If you want to go back to your original preferences, you will have to terminate WOW.com.
How to remove WOW.com?
There are two ways you can choose from when it comes to WOW.com removal. You can delete the hijacker manually or automatically. If you choose to remove WOW.com manually, you will have uninstall all applications that have entered your PC together with it. You will also need to restore your browser settings. Instructions on how to complete these tasks are presented in the manual WOW.com removal guide below. If, however, you decide to delete WOW.com automatically, you can make use of the anti-malware tool provided on our site. It will scan and clean your computer thus eliminating all of its issues including the hijacker and its associated apps. The malware remover also functions as a malware prevention measure, so it will continue being useful in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove WOW.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall WOW.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like WOW.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall WOW.com and related programs.
Remove WOW.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall WOW.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete WOW.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove WOW.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for WOW.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete WOW.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase WOW.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove WOW.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall WOW.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable WOW.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.