Wuauclt.exe Removal Instructions (Uninstall Wuauclt.exe)
Wuauclt.exe is a legitimate part of Windows operating system. It is also known as Windows Update AutoUpdate Client or Windows Update Automatic Updates. The executable file is stored in C:WindowsSystem32 folder. You can also see it in your Task Manager running as a process when it waits for approval.
The reason why we categorize Wuauclt.exe as a Trojan is not because the actual file is malicious, but rather because cyber criminals can use the names of legitimate Windows files for the malicious files that they create. This helps malware to stay undetected for a longer period of time. Before you terminate Wuauclt.exe, you need to make sure that you delete the correct file.
How does Wuauclt.exe work?
As it has been mentioned above, cyber criminals can use the names of legitimate files to hide malware in your system and prevent its removal for as long as possible. If you have noticed that your computer has been behaving erratically lately, you should check its status. This can be done with a reliable anti-malware scanner. You can use the one presented on our page. If it detects unreliable files and programs, you should use the security tool to delete Wuauclt.exe along with them. Another way to check if the file is actually malicious is to open it in its location. To do this you need to access Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc), right-click on the process and choose Open file location. If it opens in any folder other than C:WindowsSystem32, you are dealing with a harmful file.
In general, if you have a Trojan in your system you will notice that your PC is working more slowly than usual. Some of your programs may become unresponsive. You may also experience sudden crashes or freezes. Moreover, the Trojan can also affect your online surfing by modifying your browser settings, adding fake commercials to your favorite pages, redirecting you to unknown sites, and more. If any of these symptoms seem familiar to you, do not hesitate to erase Wuauclt.exe from your PC.
How to remove Wuauclt.exe?
In order to remove Wuauclt.exe and its related malware, we advise that you use a powerful anti-malware tool. Download the utility from our page and install it. The security software will scan your system and detect all malign files and programs. You will then be able to delete Wuauclt.exe and other threats. In addition to Wuauclt.exe removal, you will also make sure that similar parasites do not enter your PC in the future, because the anti-malware will protect your computer at all times.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Wuauclt.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Wuauclt.exe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Wuauclt.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Wuauclt.exe and related programs.
Remove Wuauclt.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Wuauclt.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Wuauclt.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Wuauclt.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Wuauclt.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Wuauclt.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Wuauclt.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Wuauclt.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Wuauclt.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Wuauclt.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.