www-searching.com Removal Guide
If you opened your Mozilla Firefox and stumbled across www-searching.com instead of your favorite search engine, you can be more than sure that your computer has been infected with a malicious browser hijacker.
The hijacker can also be classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). One thing worth mentioning is that it is compatible only with Mozilla Firefox and cannot affect other browsers. The browser hijacker changes the default search provider, homepage, and new tab without asking for your permission. Our security team is sure that you need to remove www-searching.com because the PUP can be responsible for a number of problems regarding your computer’s system.
Why is www-searching.com dangerous?
The interface of the search engine strongly resembles the one created by Bing. For this reason, many users think that the engine is a legitimate search tool and should not be eliminated. In reality, you have to delete www-searching.com and try to prevent such infections in future. You see, www-searching.com presents you with corrupted search results. In other words, you will see a lot of sponsored links disguised as being legitimate. They may take you to websites that are full of viruses, malware, adware, and other dangers. In addition, you will see many advertisements placed all over the page you are visiting. These may include pop-ups, banners, in-text ads, coupons, etc. Clicking on them may trigger various malware download processes. Don’t forget that browser hijackers usually track non-personally identifiable information like search history, e-mails, search queries, browser language, and so on. If you think that it is dangerous to provide hackers with this information, uninstall www-searching.com once and for all. Also, the usage of www-searching.com may lead to the installation of another browser hijacker, thesmartsearch.net.
How did I get infected with www-searching.com?
Potentially unwanted programs like this tend to slow down the speed of your device. If your computer has become slower recently, there is a chance that you have more PUPs or malware on your computer. This kind of stuff infects your computer via software bundles. In other words, if you have downloaded some freeware or shareware, this may be the cause of the infections. So, you should always be attentive during the installation process of any program: read the Installation Wizard and the Terms and Agreements carefully.
How to remove www-searching.com from my PC?
It is possible to delete www-searching.com manually. Unfortunately, this will only help with the browser hijacker itself but not all the other suspicious files and malware that may have infected your PC. That is why www-searching.com removal should be done by a legitimate spyware and malware removal application. This will give the best results and you will be sure that your personal computer is safe.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove www-searching.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall www-searching.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like www-searching.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall www-searching.com and related programs.
Remove www-searching.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall www-searching.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete www-searching.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove www-searching.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for www-searching.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete www-searching.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase www-searching.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove www-searching.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall www-searching.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable www-searching.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.