Wyyo.com Removal Tips
Wyyo.com is a browser hijacker that enters your computer together with an ad-supported program called Wyyo. The adware gets distributed through free downloads and once it gets installed, it modifies your browser settings.
The changes that it makes are all aimed at generating web traffic. This means that the hijacker will not only alter your settings, but also insert adverts into all of your visited sites, show sponsored links in your search results, redirect you to its associated pages, and more. If you do not want to deal with the annoying advertising data any longer, you should delete Wyyo.com and its related program.
As it has been mentioned above, Wyyo adware travels in free software bundles. This means that you may not have noticed how it entered your PC at all. Freeware often comes with additional programs that are rarely useful. They are presented in such a way that makes them easy to miss, especially if you do not pay careful attention to the installation wizard. If you choose Regular or Recommended installation mode, you agree to adding the unfamiliar applications automatically. Make sure that you do not make this mistake again. Always choose Advanced or Custom mode and decline all optional offers.
Once the adware gets access to your system, it alters your home page and default search engine. Wyyo.com now appears on your screen every time you go online. If you enter a query into the search box that it contains, you will be presented with results that consist solely of sponsored links. It is clear that you will not be able to search the Web efficiently. Moreover, the hijacker will also flood you with various commercials on other sites that you visit. Keep in mind that the adverts may be fake. If you do not want to risk your computer’s safety, you should terminate Wyyo.com without hesitation.
How to remove Wyyo.com?
In order to eliminate Wyyo.com from your browsers, you will have to uninstall Wyyo adware from your computer first. You can do that manually or automatically. If you choose manual Wyyo.com removal option, afterwards, you will also need to fix your browsers. Manual removal instructions presented below the article can help you with that. If, however, you decide to delete Wyyo.com automatically, both of these tasks will be completed for you. The anti-malware utility that you can download from our website will scan your PC, detect all potential issues, and remove Wyyo.com along with them. Moreover, the malware remover will keep your computer safe in the future as it also functions as a malware prevention tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Wyyo.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Wyyo.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Wyyo.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Wyyo.com and related programs.
Remove Wyyo.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Wyyo.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Wyyo.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Wyyo.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Wyyo.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Wyyo.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Wyyo.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Wyyo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Wyyo.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Wyyo.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.