What is Yahoo Redirect Virus?
Yahoo Redirect Virus is a computer infection that may cause more trouble than one would think. Once it enters your computer, it modifies your Proxy settings and your Windows hosts file. This allows the threat to start rerouting you to various unreliable websites. You could end up dealing with phishing webpages, spam email attachments, social engineering, drive-by downloads and more. The rootkit infection gets distributed in freeware and shareware bundles, which means that it has most likely entered your PC together with potentially unwanted applications. Needless to say, you should delete Yahoo Redirect Virus along with other potential threats as soon as you can.
How does Yahoo Redirect Virus work?
Yahoo Redirect Virus is not the only one of its kind. There are similar infections spreading online such as Bing Redirect Virus, Google Redirect Virus, Firefox Redirect Virus, and so on. The main purpose of any one of these threats is to generate web traffic for its associated pages. Unfortunately, these pages often turn out to be unreliable. The infection can redirect you to insecure sites promoting malicious programs like rogue anti-spyware or potentially unwanted applications like adware and browser hijackers. All of this software causes unwanted disruptions like prompting you with fake alerts, inserting never-ending adverts into your favorite pages or modifying your browser settings. If you do not wish to deal with these inconveniences, you should terminate Yahoo Redirect Virus.
Another issue with the redirect virus is related to your privacy. It can drop malicious programs onto your computer, which may damage your system or help cyber criminals to access your PC remotely. If they do, they will be able to steal your personal data including your online banking details. This could lead to financial losses or identity theft. If you want to make sure that that never happens, you need to eliminate Yahoo Redirect Virus from your browsers as soon as possible.
How to remove Yahoo Redirect Virus?
Yahoo Redirect Virus is a tricky infection, which is not that easy to remove. You can try to erase Yahoo Redirect Virus manually, however, to do so you will have to alter your proxy settings, change TCP/IP settings, edit Windows hosts file and restore your browsers. If you think that this may be too complicated for you, you can always terminate Yahoo Redirect Virus automatically. Download the anti-malware tool presented on our page and use it to scan your system. The malware remover will detect all issues and eliminate Yahoo Redirect Virus from your computer without any difficulty. It will also safeguard your PC from future infections you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Yahoo Redirect VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Yahoo Redirect Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Yahoo Redirect Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Yahoo Redirect Virus and related programs.
Remove Yahoo Redirect Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Yahoo Redirect Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Yahoo Redirect Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Yahoo Redirect Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Yahoo Redirect Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Yahoo Redirect Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Yahoo Redirect Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Yahoo Redirect Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Yahoo Redirect Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Yahoo Redirect Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- how to get rid of google redirect to yahoo on mac
- how to remove the redirect yahoo from google
- remove yahoo redirect virus
- Uninstall rouge Yahoo virus
- yahoo and bing virus
- yahoo bing redirect virus
- yahoo hijack virus
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.