What is Yapages.ru?
Yapages.ru is a browser hijacker advertising a questionable search engine. It will hijack your browser if you allow it to install. It is oftentimes attached to freeware as an additional item that the users can choose to install if they want to. They are set to install automatically if they go unnoticed by the user, which is why browser hijackers spread so widely. They are relatively harmless and are considered to be low-level threats but they can expose you to dangerous content if you are not careful. Your browser’s settings will be changes and you will be redirected to sponsored pages so that it can generate income. You may be led to infected sites where you could pick up malware by accident. In order to avoid unfavorable scenarios, we suggest you uninstall Yapages.ru.
How does Yapages.ru spread?
Browser hijackers, along with adware and other potentially unwanted programs, are distributed along with free software. When you obtain software from the Internet, read all the information provided during the installation carefully. It should disclose if there is anything added to it. A lot of users are stuck with having to delete Yapages.ru or similar because they did not bother to read about what they were about to install. If available, always use Advanced (Custom) settings. You will be able to deselect what has been added, thus preventing bundled items from installing.
Why delete Yapages.ru?
Yapages.ru will take over your browsers, no matter which one you use, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. It will make changes to it and set itself as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. When you notice this unwanted modification, you will most likely try to change the settings back but will be unable to do it unless you uninstall Yapages.ru first. You will be presented with a search engine that provides results via Google Custom search. Essentially, you will be given results leading to sponsored pages. These redirects occur because a browser hijacker aims to generate traffic for sponsored pages, which basically means it makes money for those sites by leading you to them. You will encounter all kinds of sites that have little to do with what you were searching for. You might even be led to dangerous sites where malware could be waiting for you. If you want to protect your computer, remove Yapages.ru.
There are two ways to remove Yapages.ru, automatically or manually. Manual Yapages.ru removal may be difficult as users struggle to find the file that they need to get rid of to erase Yapages.ru. This is why using a professional removal tool is suggested. The program will locate and terminate Yapages.ru fully without effort from you. Whichever way you choose, make sure you eliminate Yapages.ru fully so that it cannot renew itself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Yapages.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Yapages.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Yapages.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Yapages.ru and related programs.
Remove Yapages.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Yapages.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Yapages.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Yapages.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Yapages.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Yapages.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Yapages.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Yapages.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Yapages.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Yapages.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.