What is Yeadesktop.com?
Yeadesktop.com is a browser hijacker which usually enters users’ computers the second they download suspicious software from the Internet. It arrives on their computers and immediately applies changes, so it is impossible not to notice the entrance of this browser hijacker. Those users who discover Yeadesktop.com set as a homepage and a default search engine should go to uninstall Yeadesktop.com from their browsers as soon as possible.
The immediate Yeadesktop.com removal is required because this browser hijacker can cause many problems, including those security-related ones. You might even find malicious software on your computer if you do not take some action soon. We do not want this to happen to you, so we will help you to delete Yeadesktop.com from your web browsers in the last paragraph.
What does Yeadesktop.com do?
It might seem that the only activity Yeadesktop.com performs is changing browsers’ settings, but it is not true. Once this hijacker changes a default search engine and a homepage, it starts generating commercial advertisements. Users do not see them placed on websites they visit. Instead, they see them on the search results page opened by Yeadesktop.com. Although these advertisements have a different form if compared to ordinary ads, clicking on them is not recommended either because they might be dangerous. The biggest problem related to them is that they might redirect to bad pages promoting malicious software. If you land on such a website, malware might show up on your computer quickly. You could not do anything about that, so it is highly recommended to avoid these commercial advertisements. Unfortunately, it is not an easy task to avoid them because they look like normal search results, so the Yeadesktop.com removal is a must, according to specialists. Users should remove Yeadesktop.com from their browsers as soon as possible also if their privacy is important to them because this browser hijacker might collect information about users on a daily basis.
Where does Yeadesktop.com come from?
Users usually cannot explain how a browser hijacker has entered their computers, so specialists have arrived at a conclusion that they usually show up on users’ computers without their knowledge. They enter systems unnoticed because they are spread in malicious software bundles. To prevent a browser hijacker from entering your computer the next time, you should stop downloading software from dubious websites. Additionally, it is advisable to install all new free programs (freeware) extremely carefully in order not to let additional undesirable programs (e.g. browser hijackers) enter the computer.
How can I delete Yeadesktop.com?
You need to remove Yeadesktop.com from web browsers as soon as possible although this will not be very easy to do. You can either erase it manually or automatically; however, it is advisable to use an automatic tool if you know nothing about the removal of malicious software. Of course, you can go to remove Yeadesktop.com manually too, but, in this case, you will have to do everything yourself, i.e. go to change browsers’ settings to make Yeadesktop.com gone. You might also need to delete browser extensions from those affected browsers too.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Yeadesktop.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Yeadesktop.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Yeadesktop.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Yeadesktop.com and related programs.
Remove Yeadesktop.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Yeadesktop.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Yeadesktop.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Yeadesktop.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Yeadesktop.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Yeadesktop.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Yeadesktop.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Yeadesktop.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Yeadesktop.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Yeadesktop.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- uninstall yeadesktop
- remove yeadesktop
- yea desktop removal
- yeadesktop remove
- yeadesktop search engine removal
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.