What is Ykcol-Locky Ransomware?
Ykcol-Locky Ransomware is a harmful malicious application that might cause you serious problems. Specifically speaking, you will find a bunch of encrypted files after the entrance of this infection because it locks them seeking to get money from users.
Of course, you should not give a cent to cyber criminals who have developed Ykcol-Locky Ransomware and, instead, you should go to delete Ykcol-Locky Ransomware from your system as soon as possible even if it this means that it will be impossible to get files back because it is only a question of time when Ykcol-Locky Ransomware strikes again and you lose even more of your files. Ransomware infections are one of the most sophisticated computer threats out there, so we do not think that it will be easy to implement the Ykcol-Locky Ransomware removal either. Because of this, we believe that you should go to delete Ykcol-Locky Ransomware from your browsers only after you read this article fully.
What does Ykcol-Locky Ransomware do?
Ykcol-Locky Ransomware is one of the infections encrypting users’ files with the intention of obtaining money from them, so do not be surprised when you find out that you cannot open your files after the entrance of Ykcol-Locky Ransomware. All these files it encrypts get a new extension .Ykcol-Locky, so you do not need to check them all to find out which of them have been affected by the ransomware infection. Once this infection is done encrypting users’ personal files, it opens a window with a ransom note. The ransom note clearly tells to users that their only chance to get files back is to pay money. Users are offered to buy a decryption tool whose price is 2.2 Bitcoins. This is approximately 10.500 USD. Is it worth spending such a huge amount of money on a decryptor? We believe that it is not worth investing in it because you might not even get it. Also, it is unclear whether it will work even if you receive it. Therefore, the Ykcol-Locky Ransomware removal is the only smart decision to the problem we see here.
How did Ykcol-Locky Ransomware show up on my PC?
You will not find an official website of a ransomware infection because these threats do not have official pages. They usually show up on users’ computers illegally. If your PC has already been infected with Ykcol-Locky Ransomware too, it means that your system is not protected enough. Make sure the similar infection does not enter your system again – go to install a security application on your computer.
How do I delete Ykcol-Locky Ransomware?
Ransomware infections usually have a number of files, and they hide them somewhere on the system. In some cases, they also apply significant modifications on the victim’s computer, so their removal is usually complicated. It will not be easy to uninstall Ykcol-Locky Ransomware either, but you should still do this as soon as possible because this threat might lock your files once again. You can remove Ykcol-Locky Ransomware either manually or automatically, but, in our opinion, it would be smarter to use an automatic tool. Unfortunately, your files will stay locked even if you remove Ykcol-Locky Ransomware.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Ykcol-LockyUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Ykcol-Locky. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Ykcol-Locky and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Ykcol-Locky using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Ykcol-Locky from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Ykcol-Locky
Remove Ykcol-Locky from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Ykcol-Locky
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Ykcol-Locky from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Ykcol-Locky from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.