What is Yougoo Search?
Yougoo Search (www.Yougoo.fr) is a browser hijacker that can enter your system and alter your browser settings without your notice. It does not matter which web browser you use, because the hijacker is compatible with all of them. Its main goal is to expose you to as much commercial data as possible, because it employs pay-per-click system. This means that each time you click on one of its adverts, the creators of the hijacker earn revenue. Unfortunately, it is not beneficial for computer users. If you want to eliminate the unnecessary advertisements from your browsers and return to your preferred settings, you will have to terminate Yougoo Search.
How does Yougoo Search work?
Yougoo Search does not differ much from other hijackers that infiltrate web browsers through freeware bundles. It alters your home page, new tab, and default search provider upon arrival. These settings are switched to Yougoo Search, a page that may look completely reliable. You should keep in mind, however, that even though the site itself is not malicious, it can provide you with unreliable content. This content may be presented in the form of fake ads. Moreover, if you make use of your new search engine, you will be provided with results that may contain sponsored links. We urge you to be careful with them as well.
Another symptom that you will notice after the hijacker gets installed is that your browsers are flooded with advertisements no matter where you go online. The page may have nothing to do with the hijacker or even online shopping, but it will still be filled with advertising data. Various pop-ups, banners, hyperlinks, and other commercials will slow down your Internet browsing. They will also expose you to security vulnerabilities as some of them will lead you to corrupted pages, where you could infect your computer with potentially unwanted or malicious apps. You may also be exposed to other virtual scams aimed at acquiring your private details, tricking you into wasting your money, and so on. In order to go back to safe and swift online browsing, you will have to get rid of Yougoo Search. You should not hesitate with that.
How to remove Yougoo Search?
There are two ways you can erase Yougoo Search from your browsers: manually or automatically. If you decide to choose manual Yougoo Search removal option, you will have to delete the hijacker’s related app from your computer and then edit your browser settings. Instructions presented below the article can help you with the manual removal process, in case you need further assistance. Alternative solution is to use a malware removal and prevention tool and eliminate Yougoo Search automatically. If you acquire the anti-malware utility from our page, it will perform a system scan and detect all potential issues. You will then be able to delete Yougoo Search and other threats completely. In addition to cleaning your PC, the security software will also provide you with other beneficial features including real-time online protection, and more.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Yougoo SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Yougoo Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Yougoo Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Yougoo Search and related programs.
Remove Yougoo Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Yougoo Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Yougoo Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Yougoo Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Yougoo Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Yougoo Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Yougoo Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Yougoo Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Yougoo Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Yougoo Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.