Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ Removal Tips (Remove Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ)
Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ is a ransomware infection that can enter your system surreptitiously and lock your PC. The message that it displays on your screen states that your documents, photos, and other files have been encrypted and that the only way to get them back is to pay 100 euros. That is why this infection is referred to as ransomware.
The malicious program is targeted at French speaking computer users as part of the message that it presents is in French. There may be variants of the same malware in other languages as well. There is no question that you should terminate Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ as soon as you can without wasting your money on cyber crooks.
How does LockScreen.OJ work?
LockScreen.OJ spreads through spam email attachments and untrustworthy webpages that host third party software. If you download a corrupted email attachment or a malicious file from an unreliable source, you infect your system right away. As soon as the malware gets installed, it locks your screen presenting you with the alarming message. The good news is, this message is not completely true. The ransomware claims that your files have been encrypted by it and that in order to retrieve them you have to purchase a private decryption key. It even explains how you can make the payment using the NeoSurf prepaid card. In reality, however, none of your files are encrypted. The reason you cannot see some of them is because they have been made invisible by the malicious program, which has added the “Hidden” attribute to them. You can undo this without much difficulty.
Needless to say, you should not transfer any money to cyber criminals. They will not unlock your screen or “restore” your data, even if you make the payment. What you should do is delete Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ yourself.
How to remove Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ?
There is no question that you need to uninstall Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ as soon as possible. The only way to do that is to implement an anti-malware utility. Since the harmful program locks your screen, you will only be able to download the necessary software after your restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. Once you do that, you will be able to download the powerful anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan and clean your system. The malware remover will detect all components of the infection and delete Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ completely. In addition to Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ removal, you will also make sure that your PC stays protected from similar threats in the future. Another way to protect your computer is by getting a new VPN (virtual private network). You can look up VPN reviews here.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ and related programs.
Remove Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.