About this extension
Your PDF Converter Now is a dubious browser extension that allows you to convert files. It’s also considered to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP), more specifically a browser hijacker. It’s possible you installed it yourself because its features seemed useful to you, but the more likely scenario is that it come into your computer via freeware bundles. It could have been attached to freeware as an extra offer, and you may have failed to deselect it, whether it was because you were not aware it was there or you did not care enough. PUPs aren’t exactly dangerous infections, although some users may believe otherwise, but keeping them is usually not recommended. This particular PUP will make changes to your browser, whether you agree with them or not, set you a different homepage/new tabs, and try to redirect you to sponsored websites. This would be typical behavior for such an infection as they aim to help site owners make revenue from traffic. Those sites often have little to do with what you were actually looking for so it becomes quite obvious what is going on. It’s a fairly easy to uninstall Your PDF Converter Now Virus, but if you need help, scroll down for instructions.
How does it spread?
Browser hijackers are attached to freeware as extra offers and need to be deselected if you don’t want them to install alongside. To do this, you need to pay attention to how you install programs. Make sure you always choose Advanced or Custom settings and carefully review all added offers. We don’t recommend installing any of them, so it may be best if you deselected all the boxes that become visible. They will only appear in those settings, so avoid Default whenever possible. While infections you get this way are not difficult to get rid of, it is much easier to simply deselect a few boxes. You could have also installed it from its official website yourpdfconverternow.com/Converter?, though it’s less likely.
What does it do?
When the hijacker installs, it will make changes your browser’s settings. Your will have search.hyourfreepdfconverternow.com set as your homepage/new tabs, and these changes may be irreversible until you get rid of the PUP. It likely does not matter which browser you are using, it could affect all popular ones, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The website set as your homepage will have links to file converting sites, as well as shortcuts to Amazon, Gmail, Facebook. Even though it’s advertised as a file-converting tool, all it does is provide a couple of links, which can be easily accessed without the extension. It will also encourage you to use its provided search engine, which would insert sponsored links into results. Site owners employ hijackers to help generate traffic for them, which is why you are redirected. It should be noted that some of those results could lead to unsafe websites. This may result in a serious malware infection.
Some hijackers are known to collect certain kind of information about users, such as sites visited or search queries. Some even gather personally-identifiable data, which they could later share with questionable third-parties. We recommend you delete Your PDF Converter Now Virus, but in the end, the choice is yours.
Your PDF Converter Now Virus removal
It should be fairly easy to remove Your PDF Converter Now Virus, and you can do it in two ways, manually and automatically. The former may take more time because you will have to do everything yourself. If you want to stick to this method but are not sure about where to start, you are welcome to use the below provided guide to help you. If you would prefer automatic elimination, obtain anti-spyware and have it take care of everything for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Your PDF Converter Now VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Your PDF Converter Now Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Your PDF Converter Now Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Your PDF Converter Now Virus and related programs.
Remove Your PDF Converter Now Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Your PDF Converter Now Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Your PDF Converter Now Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Your PDF Converter Now Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Your PDF Converter Now Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Your PDF Converter Now Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Your PDF Converter Now Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Your PDF Converter Now Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Your PDF Converter Now Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Your PDF Converter Now Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.