What is Your-search.com?
Your-search.com is promoted as an intuitive and powerful search engine that anyone can use. Although at the first sight it may look like exactly that, the reality is that it falls into the browser hijacker category. This means that it most likely took over your browsers without your notice. In addition to altering your preferences, the hijacker also ensures that you encounter as many ads online as possible. There is no reason for you to tolerate the constant disruptions and slow downs related to the advertisements. We suggest that you get rid of Your-search.com without hesitation.
How does Your-search.com work?
As we have already mentioned, the main symptom of the unwanted app is that it replaces your home page and default search provider with Your-search.com. The site will bring you search results containing sponsored links, not to mention that commercial data will appear on the page itself. The hijacker’s adverts will show up on your screen no matter where you choose to go on the Internet. You will see pop-ups, interstitial ads, links, banners, coupons, and more. Some of these ads will be based on your surfing history as this information is collected and analyzed by the hijacker.
Unnecessary interruptions and slower Internet surfing may be reason enough for you to want to terminate Your-search.com, however, the most important reason to do it is because that will improve your online security. The adverts that the hijacker inserts into your browsers are not all reliable. Nobody checks the ads beforehand, so some of them could be completely fake. Falling for a scam could lead to serious troubles. You may infect your computer with malicious threats, waste your money, disclose your personal details to cyber criminals, or suffer other undesirable issues.
How to remove Your-search.com?
There is no question that you should eliminate Your-search.com from your browsers as soon as possible. Two options you can choose from include manual and automatic Your-search.com removal. Automatic removal involves implementing a powerful anti-malware utility, which can clean your PC from all potential threats. You can acquire the software on our page. It will not only delete Your-search.com, its related app and other parasites, but it will also ensure that you stay safe online in the future as the utility comes with the real-time online protection feature. The alternative solution is to erase Your-search.com manually. You will have to uninstall its associated program first and then fix the modified browser settings. Instructions below explain these tasks in more detail, so you are welcome to make use of them.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Your-search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Your-search.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Your-search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Your-search.com and related programs.
Remove Your-search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Your-search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Your-search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Your-search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Your-search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Your-search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Your-search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Your-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Your-search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Your-search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.