YourOptimizer Removal Guide
YourOptimizer was developed by Elektro Kod and is promoted as a utility that can help you to keep your drivers updated, eliminate junk files, fix damaged registry entries, and more. Unfortunately, the program does not follow through on its promises. Worse than that, it cause various disruptions after it gets installed.
It is possible that you acquired it by accident, because it travels in free software bundles. The main purpose of the potentially unwanted application is to make money off of you. It will claim that you should buy its full version in order to improve your computer’s performance. It may also flood you with unsafe advertisements. If you want to get rid of these symptoms, you will have to terminate YourOptimizer.
YourOptimizer uses the bundling distribution method, which means that it gets attached to free third party software and appears in its installation wizard as an additional offer. The good news is that you can decline it during the installation process. The bad news is that not very many people do, because they simply do not pay attention to it. You should be more attentive with the software you choose to install, otherwise you will have to deal with potentially unwanted programs constantly. Make sure that you always choose the Advanced installation mode and decline all optional offers presented to you.
Once YourOptimizer gets installed, it performs a system scan. You can hardly trust the results of this scan, because they are aimed at scaring you into thinking that you have serious problems with your PC and that in order to fix them, you need to upgrade the utility. For the same reason, you may also be prompted with various fake alerts. You should not fall for these tricks. There is nothing wrong with your computer, other than the untrustworthy program that attempts to convince you of the contrary. We advise that you delete YourOptimizer from your system without hesitation.
How to remove YourOptimizer?
Fortunately, you can uninstall YourOptimizer manually. You can use the instructions below the article, in case you are not sure how to do that. If for some reason the manual YourOptimizer removal does not work or if you want to make sure that you do not have any other unwanted programs on your PC, you can try the automatic removal option. To delete YourOptimizer automatically, you will have to implement a malware removal utility. You can download the security software from our page. It will scan your PC, detect all threats, and remove YourOptimizer along with them. It will also provide you with real-time online protection and other beneficial features that will help you keep your computer clean and safe.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove YourOptimizerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall YourOptimizer. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like YourOptimizer and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall YourOptimizer and related programs.
Remove YourOptimizer from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall YourOptimizer from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete YourOptimizer from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove YourOptimizer from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for YourOptimizer or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete YourOptimizer from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase YourOptimizer from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove YourOptimizer from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall YourOptimizer from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable YourOptimizer and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.