About this hijacker
Mys.yoursearch.me is a dubious search engine promoted by a browser hijacker. It is not a serious threat but should be dealt with right away. It will alter your browser’s settings and force you to use a dubious site. It also enters your computer without permission, which surprises many users. The good thing about this infection is that it’s very easy to notice. The main sign is a weird site loading as your homepage when you open your browser.
You get nothing useful by allowing the hijacker to remain on your system, only a headache. The hijacker may try to lead you to sponsored sites so that it could generate income for site owners. Some hijackers are also capable of leading users to malicious content, which could result in a serious malware infection. Delete Mys.yoursearch.me the moment you notice it.
How does a hijacker infect a computer?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software, and it seems many users are unaware of this, based on the number of infections happening every day. They are attached in a way that allows them to install without needing explicit permission from you. You need to manually deselect them to prevent installation. It can be done in Advanced or Customs settings of the freeware installation process. All extra offers will appear there and you will be able to deselect everything. We do not recommend keeping anything as they are attached to freeware for a reason, so that you would not notice them. Make sure to avoid Default settings because they will allow everything that attached to install and you will be stuck having to remove Mys.yoursearch.me and similar constantly.
Why uninstall Mys.yoursearch.me?
When the hijacker enters your computer, predictably it makes changes to your browser and sets its domain as your homepage and new tabs. These changes are made without your permission and are irreversible, unless you first delete Mys.yoursearch.me hijacker. Until then, whenever you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari, it will redirect you to that site. It is very plain and only offers you a search engine, which you should not trust. It will insert sponsored content into the results so that it could redirect you. They will not make your browsing experience better, they simply want to use you to make money. And if you are not careful, you could be led to malware. That would be a much more serious infection, compared to a hijacker. To be sure you can avoid an infection, remove Mys.yoursearch.me.
You have two options when it comes to Mys.yoursearch.me removal. You can choose to uninstall Mys.yoursearch.me manually or you can do it using anti-spyware software. We would recommend the second option, simply because it’s much quicker. If you choose manual, you will have to find the hijacker yourself, which may be time-consuming.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Yoursearch.meUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Yoursearch.me. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Yoursearch.me and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Yoursearch.me and related programs.
Remove Yoursearch.me from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Yoursearch.me from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Yoursearch.me from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Yoursearch.me from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Yoursearch.me or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Yoursearch.me from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Yoursearch.me from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Yoursearch.me from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Yoursearch.me from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Yoursearch.me and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.