zCrypt virus Removal Tips (Uninstall zCrypt virus)
zCrypt virus falls into the category of file-encrypting ransomware. It slithers into your computer without your notice and encodes your data files, making them inaccessible to you. These files are then used as a way to make you transfer a certain amount of money to the developers of the malign application.
They promise that they will send you a decryption key after you pay the ransom, however, the truth is there is no way you can be sure of that. Trusting the hackers to follow through on their promises is not the best idea, which is why we suggest that you terminate zCrypt virus and find a different way to get your files back.
The infection spreads on the Internet via spam emails, fake adverts, corrupted sites, drive-by downloads, and so on. After it infiltrates your system, it performs a scan that detects your data files. These files are encrypted by the parasite with the help of the asymmetric encryption algorithm. It should not be difficult for you to recognize the corrupted files as they all have the .zcrypt extension.
As soon as the malware completes the encryption process, it creates an .html file called “How to decrypt files” and adds it to all folders storing encrypted data. The message in this file states that your personal files are encrypted and that the only way to recover your photos, documents, databases, etc. is by purchasing the unique decryption key for 1.2 Bitcoin (about $540 at the moment). This key was generated during the encryption process. The notification also states that you have 7 days to make the payment. You should not waste your money on this ransom payment, because you cannot be certain that it will result in you restoring your files. What you should do is delete zCrypt virus right away.
How to remove zCrypt virus?
zCrypt virus removal can only be completed automatically. It is an extremely malicious threat and likely not only unsafe program in your system, which is why we advise that you delete zCrypt virus using a malware removal tool. If you download the utility from our site, it will scan your PC, detect all issues, and eliminate zCrypt virus along with them. The security software will also keep your computer protected from other online infections as long as it stays installed and updated. Unfortunately, as far as your files are concerned, the fact that you remove zCrypt virus does not means that you will automatically get them back. However, it will allow you to move on to trying different methods of restoring your files like using System Restore feature or one of the free file recovery tools.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove zCrypt virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall zCrypt virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like zCrypt virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall zCrypt virus and related programs.
Remove zCrypt virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall zCrypt virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete zCrypt virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove zCrypt virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for zCrypt virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete zCrypt virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase zCrypt virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove zCrypt virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall zCrypt virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable zCrypt virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.