Zcryptor virus Removal Guide (Uninstall Zcryptor virus)
Zcryptor virus is a ransomware infection that also acts as a computer worm. In addition to the usual characteristics of a ransomware application, the parasite can also replicate itself and infect your removable drives.
It adds Autorun.inf and System.exe files onto them and makes these files hidden. If you plug the infected drive into another computer, it will get infected with the malicious program. It is clear that as soon as you realize that your PC has this harmful software installed, you should waste no time and remove Zcryptor virus right away.
How does Zcryptor virus work?
The malicious threat spreads online using the same tactics as other malware. It gets distributed through spam emails, fake adverts, software bundles downloaded from unreliable sources, and so on. Once inside, the parasite shows you an error message, which states the following: “There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive D:.” At the same time, it runs a malign executable that encodes your data files. Various types of files get encrypted including your photos, videos, music, documents, and so on. All corrupted files have .zcrypt extension appended to them. After the encryption is complete, you are presented with the ransom note.
The ransom note states that you data has been encrypted with a private key and that the only way to recover it is by purchasing this key. Its price may range from 1.2 to 5 Bitcoins, which is about $700-$2900 at the moment. The initial price of the key is 1.2 Bitcoins, however, if the payment is not made until a certain amount of time runs out, the price increases. We urge you not to follow the demands of the hackers, because they cannot be trusted. Do not waste your money and eliminate Zcryptor virus from your system as soon as you can.
How to remove Zcryptor virus?
In order to fully delete Zcryptor virus from your PC, you will have to use a powerful anti-malware utility. You can download the security software from our page. It will scan your computer and detect all dangerous components. The tool will not only delete Zcryptor virus, but it will also eliminate other threats from your system. The utility will stay useful even after Zcryptor virus removal is complete as it also functions as a malware prevention measure. You should know that unless you have your files backed up, you may not get them back after you terminate Zcryptor virus. However, you can try various file decryptors available online or use the Windows System Restore and Shadow Volume Copies feature.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Zcryptor virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Zcryptor virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Zcryptor virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Zcryptor virus and related programs.
Remove Zcryptor virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Zcryptor virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Zcryptor virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Zcryptor virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Zcryptor virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Zcryptor virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Zcryptor virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Zcryptor virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Zcryptor virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Zcryptor virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.