ZenSearch.com is a browser hijacker that can alter your browser’s settings. It’s not a serious computer threat but should not be taken lightly. It can infect computers via freeware when users install it in Default settings. ZenSearch.com redirect virus can set its domain as you homepage, new tabs and search engine. You might not be able to change the settings back without having to delete ZenSearch.com. While ZenSearch.com is not malicious, it can still cause harm. Browser hijackers have this annoying quality of redirecting users to sponsored websites. Those websites might not always be safe so you could end up with malware on your computer. In order to avoid trouble, we suggest you remove ZenSearch.com.
How does ZenSearch.com spread?
Browser hijackers spread via freeware. Which means that it automatically installs if users use Default settings during freeware installation. A lot of potentially unwanted applications are added to freeware because many users still use Default settings, despite many warning to be more careful. When installing freeware, you should use Advanced (Custom) settings in order to see if anything is attached to it. If there is and you don’t want it, you can uncheck those items and they will not install. Default settings do not give you that option, so that is how you end up installing browser hijackers. If it infiltrated your computer, uninstall ZenSearch.com without hesitation.
Why should I delete ZenSearch.com?
Browser hijackers are in no way useful to you. They exist to redirect you to certain websites and in order to do that, they need to change your browser’s settings. All of the most popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox ans Safari, can be hijacked by ZenSearch.com. The hijacker will provide you with a doubtful search engine and if you use it, you might notice that it gives you a lot of sponsored results. If you click on one of those results, you might end up on a website that has nothing to do with what you searched for. Not only that, the websites you are redirected to might be dangerous. If you visit such a website, you could end up with malware on your computer. Browser hijackers also monitor your browsing sessions. So ZenSearch.com could be collecting information, such as what websites you visit and what you search for, and then selling it to third-parties. The main purpose of ZenSearch.com is to redirect you, that is why it’s called a redirect virus, so you should not keep it on your computer. Eliminate ZenSearch.com to return to normal browsing.
You can remove ZenSearch.com in two ways, manually and using anti-malware software. Automatic ZenSearch.com removal is easier but if you do not have software which is able to erase ZenSearch.com, you can do it manually. It might take some time, as you need to find and uninstall ZenSearch.com related programs.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ZenSearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ZenSearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ZenSearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall ZenSearch.com and related programs.
Remove ZenSearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ZenSearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ZenSearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ZenSearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ZenSearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ZenSearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ZenSearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ZenSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ZenSearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ZenSearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- gambar anti virus KOMPUTER help
- PC Cleaner Pro
- počítačoví virusy
- safari prohlížeč
- Advertising Bursts
- edge google instellen als zoekmachine
- error msg background
- site uzantıları
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.