What is Zhinku?
Zhinku is a dubious website that will be set as your homepage if you have a browser hijacker on your computer. It could have entered along with free software because you did not notice it being attached. If added items go unnoticed, they install automatically. Browser hijackers are not malicious, however that does not mean they will be pleasant to have on your computer. Your browser’s settings will be changed and you will be redirected to sponsored web pages. Browser hijackers aim to generate pay-per-click income for those pages and that is why you redirected there. It should also be noted that hijackers can sometimes lead users to malicious web pages, where malware could be lurking. If you were to enter such a site, you could end up with a serious malware infection. You need to uninstall Zhinku as soon as possible.
How does Zhinku spread?
Browser hijackers are distributed with the help of free software. The reason you have Zhinku on your computer is because you installed free software that had this hijacker attached to it. You could have avoided this situation if you had chosen Advanced (Custom) settings during freeware installation. Those settings allow you to deselect what has been added and safely install the free software. If you rush through the process in Default settings, you will end up allowing the added items to install and will be stuck having to delete Zhinku or other unwanted items.
Why remove Zhinku?
When you open your browser (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox), you will be redirected to Zhinku. This is happening because your browser’s settings have been changed and Zhinku has been set as your homepage. You were neither asked to permit these changes nor will you be able to undo them unless you first delete Zhinku. There are many browser hijackers that look exactly like Zhinku and they all aim to make income by redirecting you to sponsored websites. If you use the search engine, you will be taken to Saferbrowser Yahoo and your results will be filled with ads. It goes without saying that you should avoid clicking on any of them as you can never know on what kind of page you will end up. You could even be taken to a malicious page and end up with malware on your computer. You need to take the time to remove Zhinku as soon as possible.
To fully uninstall Zhinku, we recommend you obtain professional removal software. The program will locate and terminate Zhinku for you. Manual Zhinku removal is possible but you will have to find the Zhinku file and that can be rather time-consuming.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ZhinkuUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Zhinku. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Zhinku and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Zhinku and related programs.
Remove Zhinku from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Zhinku from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Zhinku from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Zhinku from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Zhinku or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Zhinku from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Zhinku from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Zhinku from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Zhinku from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Zhinku and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.