ZinkSeek.com is a browser hijacker promoting a questionable search engine. It seems to be identical to BasicQuery.com as the search engine looks exactly the same. It is not malicious and will not directly harm your computer but it might expose you to malicious content, which could lead to a serious malware infection. So, despite it being a low-risk infections, you should not allow it to remain on your computer. If you find a browser hijacker on your computer, you need to learn better software installation habits. It entered your computer with your indirect permission and installed along with free software. ZinkSeek.com will not provide anything useful, even the promoted search engine is rather useless. You should take the time to uninstall ZinkSeek.com.
How did ZinkSeek.com infect my computer?
ZinkSeek.com is not malicious, therefore, it cannot enter your computer without your permission. Which means you consent to installing it. It is attached to free software and can install along side it, unless you deselect it. The mistake you might be making is choosing Default settings when installing free software. Those settings allow unwanted programs to install without even informing you of their existence. What you need to do is choose Advanced (Custom) settings. Uncheck the boxes of the bundled items and you can proceed to install the free software without worrying about unwanted items. Always choose Advanced, and you will not have to delete ZinkSeek.com or similar.
Why uninstall ZinkSeek.com?
ZinkSeek.com will take over your browser as soon as it installs. When you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will see that ZinkSeek.com has been set as your new homepage. You will immediately be suspicious as it does not look like any legitimate search engine. And when you try to change the settings, you will realize that you cannot. You will have to first remove ZinkSeek.com to alter settings. If you type in a search, you will barely get any results. And those that do come up, are sponsored and have nothing to do with what you were searching for. Stay away from this hijacker and do not press on any of the results as you could be taken to dangerous websites and end up with a malware infection. ZinkSeek.com does not provide any beneficial features and is completely useless. It is merely trying to make pay-per-click revenue for sponsored web pages. This is why it displays those weird websites. We strongly suggest you delete ZinkSeek.com as soon as possible.
We suggest you obtain reliable removal software to remove ZinkSeek.com from your system. Manual ZinkSeek.com removal is possible but because locating hijackers might be difficult, it could be very time-consuming. It is up to you which method you choose, but you must make sure that you eliminate ZinkSeek.com and related fully.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ZinkSeek.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ZinkSeek.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ZinkSeek.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ZinkSeek.com and related programs.
Remove ZinkSeek.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ZinkSeek.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ZinkSeek.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ZinkSeek.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ZinkSeek.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ZinkSeek.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ZinkSeek.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ZinkSeek.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ZinkSeek.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ZinkSeek.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.