Zum.com Removal Tips (Delete Zum.com)
Zum.com is a Chinese browser hijacker. It can change your settings without your permission and cause other unwanted interruptions. The webpage may appear to be useful at first, but you cannot trust all data presented on it. Browser hijackers are aimed at promoting different websites.
That is why various commercials will appear on all sites that you go to online. It is important for you to understand that although the hijacker cannot cause any harm to your system on its own, it can expose you to unsafe content. We suggest that you eliminate Zum.com from your browsers without delay.
How does Zum.com work?
The hijacker switches your home page and default search engine to Zum.com as soon as it enters your system. The webpage contains lots of sponsored ads and links. It also has a search box that redirects you to search.zum.com. Keep in mind that these search results will contain sponsored data as well. You should not trust all adverts that you see online, because the hijacker does not review the content that it promotes. Adverts could easily be fake and they may lead you to corrupted sites. If you end up on an unsafe page, you may infect your computer with malware or fall victim to some other online scam.
In addition to lowering your online security level, Zum.com also slows down your Internet surfing speed. This happens because of the excess amount of commercial data and annoying redirects that happen at random. Since the hijacker usually travels with potentially unwanted programs, you may also notice that your system speed has decreased. This happens because unwanted applications often use up a lot of system resources. As you can see, there are plenty of reasons for you to terminate Zum.com, which is exactly what you should do next.
How to remove Zum.com?
You can delete Zum.com in one of two ways. The hijacker can be eliminated manually or automatically. If you choose to remove Zum.com manually, you will have to delete its associated program and modify your browser settings. In case you are not sure how to to that, you can use the instructions that we have prepared below this article. If, on the other hand, you decide to uninstall Zum.com automatically, you will have to download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to clean your PC. The malware remover will detect all potential threats and erase Zum.com along with them. It will also help you keep your computer protected in the future by shielding it from various online infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Zum.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Zum.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Zum.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Zum.com and related programs.
Remove Zum.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Zum.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Zum.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Zum.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Zum.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Zum.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Zum.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Zum.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Zum.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Zum.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.