What is Royal-Search.com?
Royal-Search.com is a web browser hijacker that can change your browser settings without your approval. It affects all most commonly used browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and others. The hijacker not only modifies your preferences, but it also causes other distractions. It floods you with different types of advertisements, redirects you to unfamiliar webpage, slows down your Internet connection, and more. Although it is not a malicious infection, so it cannot harm your PC on its own, it still causes unwanted disruptions and lowers your online security level. There is no reason why you should keep the hijacker on your computer. We advise that you delete Royal-Search.com without hesitation.
How does Royal-Search.com work?
The hijacker usually gets installed together with other potentially unwanted programs when you install free third party software. Once in the system, it replaces your home page, new tab, and default search provider with Royal-Search.com. This page may not look that much different from the well-known search portals, however, that does not mean that you can trust it. We do not recommend clicking on any ads that may be presented on it. The same goes for the sponsored links that may appear in your search results, if you make use of your new search engine.
Browser settings modifications are not the only symptom associated with the hijacker. It also inserts advertisements into all of your visited pages and reroutes you to unknown domains in the middle of your browsing. There is no way to be sure that the ads you are shown are all reliable. You may encounter fake advertisements, which could lead you to corrupted sites. It would be best not to click on any adverts until you eliminate Royal-Search.com from your browsers completely, because doing so may result in such unwanted consequences as infecting your computer with potentially unwanted or even malicious applications, wasting your money on bogus products, sharing your private details with untrustworthy sources, and so on.
How to remove Royal-Search.com?
The hijacker also exhibits other symptoms, like slowing down your Internet connection and system speed, so there is no reason for you to delay Royal-Search.com removal. You can choose from two options in order to erase Royal-Search.com – manual or automatic removal. If you choose the first option, you will have to delete the application that arrived together with the hijacker and restore your browser settings. Below this article you will find manual removal instructions, which you are welcome to use. If, however, you decide to terminate Royal-Search.com automatically instead, you will have to clean your PC with an anti-malware utility. You can download the security tool from our page. It will scan your computer and detect all issues. The software will remove Royal-Search.com along with other unwanted elements from your system. More than that, it will also safeguard your computer from other Internet-based infections that you may face while surfing the Web in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Royal-Search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Royal-Search.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Royal-Search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Royal-Search.com and related programs.
Remove Royal-Search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Royal-Search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Royal-Search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Royal-Search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Royal-Search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Royal-Search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Royal-Search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Royal-Search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Royal-Search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Royal-Search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.