Runbooster is the adware application that is responsible for the huge amounts of advertisements that you are seeing. It must have entered your computer along some other program you downloaded from the Internet. It is known as the bundling method and is mostly used by browser hijacker and adware developers. You need to start paying more attention to how you install program as if Runbooster managed to sneak in, who knows what else could do the same. Adware exists to expose users to adverts and make income by doing so. You will not gain anything by allow it to remain on your computer. On the contrary, your computer will slow down, your browser will crash more often and your screen will be flooded with ads. If you wish to return to usual browsing, you will need to remove Runbooster.
How does Runbooster spread?
The reason Runbooster is on your computer is because you allowed it to install yourself. It was attached to some free program you got from the Internet and you missed it. If these kinds of bundled items go unnoticed, they are allowed to install. This happens when users use Default settings when installing those free programs. If you want to prevent bundled items from installing, you need to deselect them, and you cannot do that in Default settings. The only place you can deselect anything is Advanced (Custom) settings. Uncheck the boxes of the added items and that will stop them from installing. Always choose Advanced settings and you will not have to worry about having to delete Runbooster or similar.
What does Runbooster do?
Adware will infect all major browsers (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and flood them with various kinds of ads, the most irritating of which would be pop-ups. They appear at the most random times, even when browsing completely legitimate websites. You can close them all you want but the only way to get rid of them permanently would be to uninstall Runbooster from your system. Adware gains income by exposing you to advertisements so it will do its best to remain unnoticeable. Be careful of what kind of ads you click on while adware is on your computer. We do not suggest you click on any at all as you could end up in an infected page where malware is just waiting for you. We also will warn you to never download programs from unreliable sources, such as pop-up ads. You might be offered a seemingly completely legitimate application and when you download it, you might end up obtaining malware. Remove Runbooster.
There are two ways to uninstall Runbooster, automatically or manually. If you are not experienced with computers, you might want to obtain reliable removal software. The program would take care of Runbooster removal for you. If you do not want to get the program, delete Runbooster yourself. However, you will need to locate the adware yourself and that could cause some trouble.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove RunboosterUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Runbooster. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Runbooster and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Runbooster and related programs.
Remove Runbooster from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Runbooster from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Runbooster from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Runbooster from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Runbooster or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Runbooster from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Runbooster from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Runbooster from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Runbooster from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Runbooster and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.