What is Safesear.ch?
Safesear.ch is usually classified as a browser hijacker, because it can modify your browser settings. However, in some cases it may be difficult for computer users to distinguish it from legitimate search engines as the hijacker is affiliated with Google.com/search_service. It should still be mentioned that this domain cannot be fully trusted. Although it claims that it can improve your browsing experience, all it does is redirect you to another search provider. Moreover, it may also cause other bothersome symptoms. We suggest that you get rid of Safesear.ch and go back to using your regular search tools.
How does Safesear.ch work?
Once the hijacker takes over, it sets your home page and default search engine to Safesear.ch. The website itself is not malicious and it may actually appear to be quite useful at first. The page has a search box and quick access buttons placed right below it. The buttons lead you to various popular sites like Facebook, YouTube, Gmail, Twitter, Yahoo and more. If you enter a term into the search box, you get redirected to us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com. The results you see are legitimate, however, they may contain sponsored ads and links. It is important that you be careful with all commercial data provided to you by the hijacker. If you see suspicious ads, banners or pop-ups, try to stay away from them. Clicking on fake ads could result in serious consequences including malware infections and financial losses.
The hijacker has most likely entered your PC together with other freeware. It could be a part of a toolbar or some other potentially unwanted program. If you want to avoid similar applications in the future, you should pay attention to every free software installation step. Do not agree to installing additional programs no matter how they are decribed. As for now, you should focus on Safesear.ch removal.
How to remove Safesear.ch?
In order to eliminate Safesear.ch from your browsers, you will have to delete its related program and restore your browser settings. This can be done manually or automatically. If you choose to erase Safesear.ch manually, you can use the instructions presented below the article. If, on the other hand, you decide to terminate Safesear.ch automatically, you can download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan your system and detect all of its issues. Once you do, you will be able to use the malware remover to delete Safesear.ch along with other potential threats.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Safesear.chUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Safesear.ch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Safesear.ch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Safesear.ch and related programs.
Remove Safesear.ch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safesear.ch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safesear.ch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safesear.ch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safesear.ch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safesear.ch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safesear.ch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safesear.ch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safesear.ch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safesear.ch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.