Safesurfs.com Removal Guide (Delete Safesurfs.com)
It probably caught you by surprise to see that Safesurfs.com has become your homepage. For our security experts, that’s not weird at all because it is a generic browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It should not stay on your PC, and we will provide you with the information of how to get rid of it. But first, you should know a few details regarding this hijacker so that you would not be tempted to use it.
Basically, the potentially unwanted program does some changes without your permission, like changing your default search engine, homepage, and new tab into Safesurfs.com, a page you should not use. It is known that the PUP can attack Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. For this reason, you have to remove Safesurfs.com from your PC before you can browse the Internet safely again. As some other browser hijackers, the website claims to be a really good tool for browsing. This is done so that you would keep the program and use it, thus exposing yourself to great dangers.
Why is Safesurfs.com dangerous?
As we know, Reeturn is potentially dangerous because it displays a lot of advertisements that are produced by third parties. Firstly, the PUP collects various types of information regarding your search history, search queries, IP and URL addresses, browser language, and bookmarks. In this way, it is able to show you commercial advertisements that would interest you. Because of this, you are more prone to click on an ad and be redirected to a dangerous website where you can be attacked by viruses. You should not forget about the existence of pop-up windows: they can pop out of nowhere, thus leaving you on a page that can be harmful (in many cases, these are online gaming pages). Sponsored links are also worth mentioning because they are shown together with legitimate results. As it can be clearly seen, all users have to delete Safesurfs.com from their computers in order to avoid possible online dangers.
How did my PC get infected with Safesurfs.com?
As there is no download link on the official page, we can assume that the hijacker uses the well-known spreading technique of bundling. This means that it tries sneaking into your PC when you use the services of file sharing websites. We have an advise for you: the next time you download freeware from a P2P site, do not skip any step of the process. Instead, pick the Advanced or Custom type of installation and read all the information possible.
How to remove Safesurfs.com from my PC safely?
Safesurfs.com removal can be implemented manually by simply resetting your browser (it is best to reset all browsers that are installed on your PC). However, you may never know what other malicious application may be on your PC if you have actually downloaded freeware. Because of this, we advise you to acquire a legitimate spyware and malware removal application and scan your personal computer ad uninstall Safesurfs.com.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Safesurfs.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Safesurfs.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Safesurfs.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Safesurfs.com and related programs.
Remove Safesurfs.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safesurfs.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safesurfs.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safesurfs.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safesurfs.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safesurfs.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safesurfs.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safesurfs.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safesurfs.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safesurfs.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- remove safesurfs
- how to remove safesurfs
- how to remove safesurf net
- remove safesurfs net
- safesurfs com
- safesurfs com virus
- safesurfs removal
- remove safesurfs com
- safesurfs remove
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.