What is Safesurfs.net?
Software developers advertise Safesurfs.net as a reliable search engine. In fact, it really looks trustworthy and useful at first glance; however, it is only an illusion. Even though many users think that Safesurfs.net is as trustworthy as Google, Bing, and Yahoo!, the truth is that this search engine is a part of a browser hijacker infection, and it is quite dangerous.
Thus, we are sure that the Safesurfs.net removal would be the smartest decision ever made. If you do not do anything and let it stay, it will perform all kinds of activities behind your back. Of course, you will also notice that you cannot find what you are looking for on the web quickly because its search results page is full of search results that are not related to the word entered into the search box in any way. Users do not find it easy to remove Safesurfs.net from their computers because this browser hijacker does not have an uninstaller, which means that everything has to be done manually. If you need some help with the Safesurfs.net removal too, read the article.
What does Safesurfs.net do?
Safesurfs.net replaces default search engines and homepages immediately after it enters computers. Even though it does not seem to be a bad search engine, you need to know that it is not reliable, and it is really dangerous to use it. The main danger is associated with advertisements it shows for users. These ads appear in the search results page mainly; however, users might start seeing them on other decent websites, e.g. Amazon, eBay, etc. as well. Even though these ads do not seem to be dangerous at all, it is very real that a user will be taken to a corrupted website after clicking on any of them. Unfortunately, it is not a good solution to ignore these ads too because it is not that easy to recognize them, which means that users still click on them accidentally and thus risk infecting their computers with malicious software. Furthermore, Safesurfs.net browser hijacker cannot be trusted also because it, like such well-known browser hijackers as searchboro.com, houmpage.com, and iglobalsearch.com, gathers information about users to be able to show relevant commercial advertisements. If you wish to stop this from happening, you should uninstall Safesurfs.net in the near future.
How did Safesurfs.net browser hijacker enter my computer?
All browser hijackers enter computers illegally. To be more exact, they usually enter computers bundled with free applications, so it is said that they are usually distributed using the deceptive bundling method. Of course, these threats might find other ways to enter computers too, so we suggest being careful after you delete Safesurfs.net from your PC in order not to encounter it or a similar threat again.
How can I remove Safesurfs.net from browsers?
We suggest that you delete Safesurfs.net automatically right away because it is really hard to erase browser hijackers manually. You simply need to scan your computer with a reputable scanner. If you are still eager to get rid of Safesurfs.net in a manual way, you should try to reset your browsers. The reset of browsers often helps to eliminate questionable search engines quickly.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Safesurfs.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Safesurfs.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Safesurfs.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Safesurfs.net and related programs.
Remove Safesurfs.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safesurfs.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safesurfs.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safesurfs.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safesurfs.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safesurfs.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safesurfs.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safesurfs.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safesurfs.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safesurfs.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.