Scangoogle.ru is a browser hijacker that is promoting a questionable search engine. If you find it loading every time you open your browser, you definitely have a hijacker on your hands. It is not a malicious infection and is seen as quite a low-level threat but you should still make sure you delete Scangoogle.ru as soon as possible. It will have made browser’s settings changes and every time you use the provided search engine, it may be trying to make you visit sponsored websites. That is one of the main reasons behind Scangoogle.ru’s existence.
And it will not provide you with anything useful. It could even lead you to malware, and that could bring about serious trouble. You should also pay more attention to how you install free programs if you wish to avoid similar situations in the future because Scangoogle.ru was attached to freeware as an extra offer. And in the mean time, make sure you remove Scangoogle.ru.
Why uninstall Scangoogle.ru?
Firstly, it is crucial to understand how browser hijackers, as well as adware and other potentially unwanted programs, spread. They are attached to free software as extra offers that are not plainly visible. You need to look for them to notice them. And you should always check for them. This can be easily done during the installation process. Simply choose Advanced or Custom settings and you will be able to see what has been added. You will also be given the option of deselecting everything, which will prevent installation. Now that you see that it uses a questionable method to enter your computer, you ought to delete Scangoogle.ru.
Just like any other hijacker, it will enter your computer and change your browser’s settings so that Scangoogle.ru is set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. All leading browsers will be affected, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so it does not really matter which browser you use. The changes were made without your permission and you will be unable to alter them back unless you first remove Scangoogle.ru. Your new homepage does not look reliable at all, it may even be trying to imitate Google. It also says Google Custom Search in the search box. If you were to perform a search, you would be shown sponsored or even malicious content. Hijackers do not care to what websites you are exposed to so you could end up on a malicious ones, where malware could be lurking. What started out as a mere hijacker infection could end in some serious trouble. This is why you need to uninstall Scangoogle.ru.
If you feel ready to erase Scangoogle.ru, you can do so in two ways. The easier option would be to obtain professional removal software and have it eliminate Scangoogle.ru for you. If you want to do it yourself, that is also possible. However, bear in mind that manual Scangoogle.ru removal takes more time.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Scangoogle.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Scangoogle.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Scangoogle.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Scangoogle.ru and related programs.
Remove Scangoogle.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Scangoogle.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Scangoogle.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Scangoogle.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Scangoogle.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Scangoogle.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Scangoogle.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Scangoogle.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Scangoogle.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Scangoogle.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.