search.autocompletepro.com is a browser hijacker that may have entered your computer together with free software. You need to learn how to install free software correctly so that attached items are not installed as well. Hijackers are generally not malicious and aim to expose you to sponsored content. This is how hijackers generate income, by redirecting you. So it is basically using you to make money while providing no beneficial features. Once this hijacker enters your computer, it will make changes to your browser and the redirects will start. Some hijackers are even capable to redirecting users to malicious web pages where malware could be lurking. If you do not want to end up with a serious malware infection, we suggest you remove search.autocompletepro.com.
How does search.autocompletepro.com spread?
Browser hijackers use the bundling method to spread because no one would install it otherwise. This means that hijackers are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside. In order to avoid these unwanted installations, use Advanced or Customs settings during freeware installation. You will see what has been added and if there is something, you will be able to deselect it/them. Just uncheck the boxes of those added items and you can proceed to install the freeware. If you have already allowed the hijacker to install, make sure that you delete search.autocompletepro.com.
Why uninstall search.autocompletepro.com?
search.autocompletepro.com will become your homepage on all browsers and these changes will be carried without your permission. All popular browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will be affected. You will also no be able to undo the setting changes until you remove search.autocompletepro.com from your computer. The website provides you with a search bar, which we do not suggest you use. If you did, you would be redirected to a questionable search engine that will insert sponsored content into the results. If you press on one such result, you would be taken to a weird page that has nothing to do with what you were searching for. By redirecting you to those pages, the hijacker makes money. You may even be led to dangerous sites where malware could be lurking. Pop-ups will also start appearing when search.autocompletepro.com loads. If you have active anti-malware software on your computer, it should be able to block them. Nevertheless, if you wish to protect your computer, we suggest you delete search.autocompletepro.com immediately.
In order to uninstall search.autocompletepro.com fully, you may need to obtain professional removal software. If you are struggling with manual search.autocompletepro.com removal, it would best if you allowed the program to erase search.autocompletepro.com for you. Locating the hijacker may be the biggest issue and the program would be able to do it for you. Nevertheless, instructions will be provided below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.Autocompletepro.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.Autocompletepro.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.Autocompletepro.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.Autocompletepro.com and related programs.
Remove Search.Autocompletepro.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.Autocompletepro.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.Autocompletepro.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.Autocompletepro.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.Autocompletepro.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.Autocompletepro.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.Autocompletepro.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.Autocompletepro.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.Autocompletepro.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.Autocompletepro.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.