Search.bakinu.com Removal Guide
Search.bakinu.com is a browser hijacker that gets added to your browsers after you install the Bakinu application. This program belongs to Linkury and is classified as potentially unwanted and ad-supported. It changes your browser settings upon arrival and causes other modifications, most of which are made for advertising purposes.
The main goal of the software is to generate revenue by boosting the rankings of its sponsor sites. That is why it floods you with ads, causes redirects, and so on. If you wish to eliminate these annoying symptoms, you should delete Search.bakinu.com from your browsers right away.
Bakinu belongs to the same company as Sidecubes, Snap.Do, SafeFinder, and some other programs. All of theses apps function in a similar way. They are promoted as tools that can add valuable features to your browsers, but the only ones who actually benefit from these apps are their developers, not computer users. The apps usually travel in freeware bundles, so it is entirely possible that you acquired Bakinu accidentally. If you wish to avoid similar situations in the future, you should always install free software in the Advanced mode and decline all optional offers you are presented with.
Once the application gets installed, it changes your home page and search provider to Search.bakinu.com. The site presents you with a search box and if you enter a query into it, you will get results that contain sponsored ads. You will see advertisements on other pages that you visit as well. They will show up as pop-ups, banners, coupons, in-text links, and so on. These ads will slow down your browsing and some of them will expose you to unreliable content. Clicking on fake adverts could result in serious troubles, which is why we urge you to stay away from them. In order to eliminate the unwanted ads from your browsers, you will have to uninstall Search.bakinu.com.
How to remove Search.bakinu.com?
You can delete Search.bakinu.com manually or automatically. If you choose the first method, you will have to uninstall Bakinu and fix your browsers yourself. In case you need further assistance completing these tasks, you can use the instructions we have prepared below this article. If, on the other hand, you choose to terminate Search.bakinu.com automatically, you will need to implement a malware remover. You can download one from our site and use it to scan and clean your system. The security tool will detect all threats and remove Search.bakinu.com along with them. In addition to Search.bakinu.com removal, the utility will also stay useful in the future by shielding your computer from various Internet infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.bakinu.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.bakinu.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.bakinu.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.bakinu.com and related programs.
Remove Search.bakinu.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.bakinu.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.bakinu.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.bakinu.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.bakinu.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.bakinu.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.bakinu.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.bakinu.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.bakinu.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.bakinu.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.