What is Search.clearch.org?
Search.clearch.org is a dubious search engine and a browser hijacker. If you recently installed freeware, that is how you might have allowed Search.clearch.org into your computer. What browser hijackers do is, they alter your browser’s settings and then redirect you to sponsored websites. While Search.clearch.org redirects might be annoying, a browser hijacker is not a malicious computer virus. It cannot harm your computer directly but by exposing you to unsafe domains, it could lead you to malware. For these reasons we don’t recommend keeping Search.clearch.org. Remove Search.clearch.org and you can return to normal browsing.
What does Search.clearch.org do?
It’s important to know how to protect your computer if you frequently download freeware. You might have not been aware of this but, in a lot of cases, freeware has certain items attached to it. Such as a browser hijacker, adware or other potentially unwanted program. They are optional items but, unless the user is aware of them, they install automatically. Default settings do not show those items so you might not even know they are there if you use those settings. Which is why we recommend that you use Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. Those settings allow you to see and deselect all added items, preventing them from installing.
Once it installs onto your computer, it will hijack your browser and alter certain settings. You might notice that Search.clearch.org has set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It seems to be capable of hijacking Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so every time you open your browser, you will be redirected to Search.clearch.org. It could also be preventing you from changing the settings back. If that were to happen, you would only be able to restore the settings after you delete Search.clearch.org from your computer. The search engine Search.clearch.org provides will insert sponsored content into the search results and you will notice that you are led to unrelated websites. This happens because browser hijackers are created to generate traffic for certain websites. More traffic means more money for website owners. These kinds of redirects are rather worrying as they can lead you to dangerous domains, where you could accidentally download malware. And the developers of Search.clearch.org are not responsible for what might happen if you were to use Search.clearch.org. So if you get a virus, you’ll have no one to blame. For these reasons, we strongly recommend you uninstall Search.clearch.org.
For easy Search.clearch.org removal, we recommend anti-malware software. It should be able to remove Search.clearch.org without much difficulty. If you do not want to use it, you can delete Search.clearch.org manually as well. You will need to locate and uninstall Search.clearch.org related programs yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.clearch.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.clearch.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.clearch.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.clearch.org and related programs.
Remove Search.clearch.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.clearch.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.clearch.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.clearch.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.clearch.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.clearch.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.clearch.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.clearch.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.clearch.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.clearch.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.