What is Search.conduit.com?
Search.conduit.com, also known as Search Conduit, is a search engine that belongs to Conduit Ltd. and gets distributed together with Conduit Community Toolbars. These toolbars are often classified as potentially unwanted applications, because they may travel bundled with other free software. Such programs as Nvstech Toolbar, Bitlord Toolbar, PriceGong, Value Apps, and other products of the company may be the reason that you now have to deal with the suspicious search tool.
You should keep in mind, however, that you most likely agreed to adding these programs as well as changing your browser settings yourself. You may not remember doing so, if you did not pay attention to the freeware installation process. If that is the case, we advise that you remove Search.conduit.com from your browsers.
How does Search.conduit.com work?
If you do not remember installing Conduit apps, it means that they have entered your PC through free third party software. Freeware is often accompanied by potentially unwanted applications. These applications are easy to miss, because they are intentionally presented in such a way. However, you can avoid installing them, if you choose the Advanced or Custom installation mode. It will allow you to have more control over the setup and choose which components you want to install and which you want to prevent from accessing your system. Make sure that you decline all additional offers next time you install free software.
How to remove Search.conduit.com?
If you experience any other unwanted symptoms after installing a Conduit program, like advertisements or redirects, there is no question that you should delete Search.conduit.com along with its associated application. You can do that manually or automatically. If you choose manual Search.conduit.com removal, you can follow the instructions that we have prepared below this article. If, however, you choose the alternative solution, you will have to implement a malware removal tool. The anti-malware utility will scan your system and erase Search.conduit.com along with other unwanted files and programs. In addition to Search.conduit.com removal, the security software will also provide you with real-time online protection and other beneficial functions.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search.conduit.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search.conduit.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search.conduit.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.conduit.com and related programs.
Remove search.conduit.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.conduit.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.conduit.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.conduit.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.conduit.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.conduit.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.conduit.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.conduit.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.conduit.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.conduit.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.